ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
"I'll sign for it"
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
"I'll sign for it"
Just spent the best part of 20 minutes explaining to a lady why she cannot sign for and take a special in for her neighbour....
Apparently I have no common sense and the world has gone PC mad.
Also..."apparently" the other postman leaves them. I told her that's his choice to which she replied "well if he isn't meant to id better let his senior know"
I phoned the other posty to give him a heads up to which he is adamant he NEVER leaves specials.
Just goes to show how petit some people can be if things don't go their way...
Apparently I have no common sense and the world has gone PC mad.
Also..."apparently" the other postman leaves them. I told her that's his choice to which she replied "well if he isn't meant to id better let his senior know"
I phoned the other posty to give him a heads up to which he is adamant he NEVER leaves specials.
Just goes to show how petit some people can be if things don't go their way...
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: "I'll sign for it"
Just explain that the customer is "the sender" and it is they who require the signature from the person at the address
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: "I'll sign for it"
She has probably got Recorded/Signed For mixed up with Special - I wouldn't worry about it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: "I'll sign for it"
What if that signed for is a debt letter that the customer doesn't want , yet you've left it next door etc. I don't do neighbours because of that.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
leadseal
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 09 May 2007, 16:48
Re: "I'll sign for it"
Exactly how small was she?weary_posty wrote:Just spent the best part of 20 minutes explaining to a lady why she cannot sign for and take a special in for her neighbour....
Apparently I have no common sense and the world has gone PC mad.
Also..."apparently" the other postman leaves them. I told her that's his choice to which she replied "well if he isn't meant to id better let his senior know"
I phoned the other posty to give him a heads up to which he is adamant he NEVER leaves specials.
Just goes to show how petit some people can be if things don't go their way...
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: "I'll sign for it"
He meant petty so stop taking the PEAS (petit pois) !leadseal wrote:Exactly how small was she?weary_posty wrote:Just spent the best part of 20 minutes explaining to a lady why she cannot sign for and take a special in for her neighbour....
Apparently I have no common sense and the world has gone PC mad.
Also..."apparently" the other postman leaves them. I told her that's his choice to which she replied "well if he isn't meant to id better let his senior know"
I phoned the other posty to give him a heads up to which he is adamant he NEVER leaves specials.
Just goes to show how petit some people can be if things don't go their way...
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
ShropshireLad
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 17:02
- Gender: Male
Re: "I'll sign for it"
I'm one of the few posties in my office who doesn't sign for specials, tracked, and recordeds, themselves, and put them through the door. They're mad.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: "I'll sign for it"
It only takes one complaint. Someone in a local office was sacked recently for signing for a recorded - the recipient didn't complain, the sender did. I assume he signed his own name or put postman or something on it.ShropshireLad wrote:I'm one of the few posties in my office who doesn't sign for specials, tracked, and recordeds, themselves, and put them through the door. They're mad.
Times have changed, no you should never have been doing it but most people used to. I remember on a walk I'd been doing for years I had a bulk posting of over 50 recordeds. Now obviously I wouldn't have dreamed of signing for the lot and posting them all....
These days, don't leave yourself open to anything. RM are obviously looking to get rid of staff going by the stories of sackings for minor offences recently.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12178
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: "I'll sign for it"
All that does is give RM rope to hang them with, RM could choose anyone of them to make an example of themShropshireLad wrote:I'm one of the few posties in my office who doesn't sign for specials, tracked, and recordeds, themselves, and put them through the door. They're mad.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: "I'll sign for it"
Wonder how many other posties would have time to spend 20 minutes explaining? I'd say Nope and be a cloud of dust up the roadweary_posty wrote:Just spent the best part of 20 minutes explaining to a lady why she cannot sign for and take a special in for her neighbour....
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: "I'll sign for it"
" Times have changed, no you should never have been doing it but most people used to. I remember on a walk I'd been doing for years I had a bulk posting of over 50 recordeds. Now obviously I wouldn't have dreamed of signing for the lot and posting them all...."
I had the same one Saturday , although it was around 30, when the council numbered what were originally named houses. The bas**rds always do this kind of thing on a Saturday. I did the same as you.....
I had the same one Saturday , although it was around 30, when the council numbered what were originally named houses. The bas**rds always do this kind of thing on a Saturday. I did the same as you.....
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: "I'll sign for it"
I don't see why you can't sign recordeds yourself
!! Surely, I know I am trustworthy rather than give them to a random neighbour??
I don't do it though.
I don't do it though.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: "I'll sign for it"
I think it's a reasonable question to ask which is the more secure method, a postie signing for a recorded delivery letter and posting it through the door or allowing a neighbour to sign for and hold onto the item however the rules are the rules and we get paid to follow them.ewancurze wrote:I don't see why you can't sign recordeds yourself!! Surely, I know I am trustworthy rather than give them to a random neighbour??
![]()
I don't do it though.
The real answer is to do away with recorded letters altogether and replace them with a delivery notification tracked service. What does a scrawled mess on a PDA prove anyway if the customer says...wasn't me?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: "I'll sign for it"
Maybe, but a scrawled mess on a PDA proves enough for Special Deliveries.fishtank wrote:I think it's a reasonable question to ask which is the more secure method, a postie signing for a recorded delivery letter and posting it through the door or allowing a neighbour to sign for and hold onto the item however the rules are the rules and we get paid to follow them.ewancurze wrote:I don't see why you can't sign recordeds yourself!! Surely, I know I am trustworthy rather than give them to a random neighbour??
![]()
I don't do it though.
The real answer is to do away with recorded letters altogether and replace them with a delivery notification tracked service. What does a scrawled mess on a PDA prove anyway if the customer says...wasn't me?
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Re: "I'll sign for it"
ewancurze wrote:I don't see why you can't sign recordeds yourself!! Surely, I know I am trustworthy rather than give them to a random neighbour??
![]()
I don't do it though.
What if the recipient doesn't want the letter yet you've signed for it and then posted it?