ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bullied by my so called work collegues.
-
thewackymonkey
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 13 May 2014, 16:04
- Gender: Male
Bullied by my so called work collegues.
Has anybody else experienced being bullied by their own work collegues??
Advice needed please.
I just dont get it...I go to work, I do my job has best has I can & if I am honest do more than my fair share of preping & walk sorting & absorbing. I am naturally quick, I am not sure is this is a gift or a curse!!!.
I like a laugh & a joke like the next person but being pushed & shoved into, & personal comments on the walk sorting board for me have stopped becoming office banter!!!
I am being bullied by a small group of narrow minded insecure people that feel it is ok to single someone out, when ever it suits them.
They have a pack mentality & follow each other like sheep for fear of being THE GROUPS NEXT TARGET, they even turn on themselves at times & half of the office will not have anything to do with them.
It is getting to the point for me that I cant even be bothered to have anything to do with THEM anymore, I ask myself why I would want to waste my time & energy on people like that when they treat people so badly in the office. Even ignoring the so called numptys doesnt seem to work..........
Sorry folks rant over.
Advice needed please.
I just dont get it...I go to work, I do my job has best has I can & if I am honest do more than my fair share of preping & walk sorting & absorbing. I am naturally quick, I am not sure is this is a gift or a curse!!!.
I like a laugh & a joke like the next person but being pushed & shoved into, & personal comments on the walk sorting board for me have stopped becoming office banter!!!
I am being bullied by a small group of narrow minded insecure people that feel it is ok to single someone out, when ever it suits them.
They have a pack mentality & follow each other like sheep for fear of being THE GROUPS NEXT TARGET, they even turn on themselves at times & half of the office will not have anything to do with them.
It is getting to the point for me that I cant even be bothered to have anything to do with THEM anymore, I ask myself why I would want to waste my time & energy on people like that when they treat people so badly in the office. Even ignoring the so called numptys doesnt seem to work..........
Sorry folks rant over.
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
Contact the B&H helpdesk. The number is on the back of your payslip.
You don't need to put up with it.
You don't need to put up with it.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
take the ringleader outside of company property and slap him about the head a bit ;)
or do what pinstripe says above :)
or do what pinstripe says above :)
-
Kobi72
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
Just confront them.its the same at our place,just back stabbing twats! I've been through it myself the dom & union rep were useless,it's like being back at school! I just told them I'd be willing to lose my job & get it sorted out wiv them one by one.job done!
-
ballee
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 19:21
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
doorstepped wrote:take the ringleader outside of company property and slap him about the head a bit ;)
or do what pinstripe says above :)
Bad advice, people with this type of mentality will then turn the bullying allegation around to make the person being bullied look like the person doing the bullying.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
Its a gift to you if you're finishing earlier than they are; but if you are all getting extra work i.e. lapsing put on you all because you finish before time; then you are a curse to themthewackymonkey wrote: if I am honest do more than my fair share of preping & walk sorting & absorbing. I am naturally quick, I am not sure is this is a gift or a curse!!!.
Hit them really hard with your postie pegthewackymonkey wrote:I like a laugh & a joke like the next person but being pushed & shoved into
Obviously your lino's a waste of space and I wouldn't even bother with ringing B&H. Even though they can log the complaint. Are you really going to ignore these personal comments made against you?? If you can't tell the ringleaders to back off, you are better off working in another section.thewackymonkey wrote:They have a pack mentality & follow each other like sheep for fear of being THE GROUPS NEXT TARGET
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Viewfindergeneral
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
The best way to deal with people when they behave like this is to be totally indifferent to them. They thrive on getting you to react to their pathetic attempts to intimidate and belittle you. Do not give them the oxygen which fuels their little games. DO NOT ignore them completely but only speak or acknowledge their existence when it is necessary to do so for a matter relating to work. Just speak in a normal matter-of-fact manner and show them no signs that they are getting at you. They absolutely hate that and they should soon leave you alone.
I would see how it goes after you do this but if they persist then they are more stupid than average bully so it might then be time for action against them. The way Royal Mail works it is very hard to get any help using the proper channels but that may have to be used as a last resort.
Keep your chin up. You are better that them. Good luck!!
I would see how it goes after you do this but if they persist then they are more stupid than average bully so it might then be time for action against them. The way Royal Mail works it is very hard to get any help using the proper channels but that may have to be used as a last resort.
Keep your chin up. You are better that them. Good luck!!
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
They are cowards,who. 1 actually hate themselves deep down.2. Feel threatened by you in some way eg bein a decent guy,popular with staff etc . 3 are disgusting human beings . We had same situation in our place but thankfully they have bin suspended moved or kicked out. Good luck ,but do sthing about it,keep notes times etc if you don't itl go on for years .
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
thewackymonkey wrote:I just dont get it...I go to work, I do my job has best has I can & if I am honest do more than my fair share of preping & walk sorting & absorbing. I am naturally quick, I am not sure is this is a gift or a curse!!!.
Perhaps your modesty upsets them.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
Its sack able offence .... one lost a job few months ago in our office . No its and buts .... you bully some one , on proven you are out ... simple as this ... 
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
take it you've got a mobile phone? put it on voice record, slip it into your top pocket and let the idiots dig their own grave.
adios bullies.

adios bullies.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
If its as I presume 'male' colleagues doing this pushing and bumping, surely it goes beyond B + H, or am I missing something. 
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
Unless you are management grade.Gold Fox wrote:Its sack able offence .... one lost a job few months ago in our office . No its and buts .... you bully some one , on proven you are out ... simple as this ...
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
Ignore them.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Bullied by my so called work collegues.
Very true.. My advice is go for the the big mouthed ringleader, big mouthed no balls usually.Lincox wrote:Unless you are management grade.Gold Fox wrote:Its sack able offence .... one lost a job few months ago in our office . No its and buts .... you bully some one , on proven you are out ... simple as this ...