ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Oh dear Royal Mail
-
Kobi72
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
- Gender: Male
Oh dear Royal Mail
Hi,went to post a parcel earlier,thought I would use the post office,parcel is under 2kg in weight & skateboard deck size! Jeez royal mails price was £11.99,so went & checked online & used Hermes instead £4.20 collected from my house! Couldn't believe the price difference..I'd say Royal Mail will go tits up inside 10 years! Shocked
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3220
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
Difference is, if you used Royal Mail it would have actually been delivered.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
That just shows how little you know.Kobi72 wrote:..I'd say Royal Mail will go tits up inside 10 years!
It will probably be 18 months.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Kobi72
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 16 Sep 2012, 11:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
Umm.both are as bad as each other,I've been on delivery with Royal Mail for 2 years now & the doorstepping is shocking! Left anywhere.my parcel is being delivered to a business so I ain't too fussed & it's insured as well
-
paggis
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 28 Mar 2008, 19:01
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
I send out a lot of parcels and have switched to heremes from royal mail and out of 200+ parcels with hermes only 1 has gone missing, that compares with 6 out of the last 9 I sent with royalmail.plus they are tracked so you know where they are unlike royal mail , I was always telling customers to check with the delivery office as most of the time they would be left as they had no staff to deliver them.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
In my many years delivering mail I've seen many parcels delivered my Hermes, home del network amazon logistics city link and all kinds of self employed couriers and generally they del items at all cost, I've seen items left by drainpipes , under cars tossed over fence or gate. Left under disused gates for days on end. Delivered to addresses that are miles from the correct destination and then they expect Royal Mail redeliver it to correct address for free.
Go on amazon forums and read about customers opinions on cheap delivery services. I'm not saying rm are perfect , but there are a lot worse out there. Trust me.
Go on amazon forums and read about customers opinions on cheap delivery services. I'm not saying rm are perfect , but there are a lot worse out there. Trust me.
-
scooby
- Posts: 287
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost some where.....
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
never had a problem with Hermes if i am out they leave a card with his number on i call them up and pick it up from his house the same night there tracking is very good to i think
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
You have added to the cost by having to phone, and surveys consistently show us as the best liked delivery company.scooby wrote:never had a problem with Hermes if i am out they leave a card with his number on i call them up and pick it up from his house the same night there tracking is very good to i think
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
Not if U use your inclusive minutes ;) .... I too have used Hermes for lower value items (starting when RM messed up with their abortive price rise last year) and have yet to have a problem. Have found the UPS service to be probably one of the best overall and it's convenient for me as I can simply drop the item off at my local convenience store .... TNT picked up and delivered a washing machine motor for less than £10 which, as with nearly all other carriers, included full T&T.redneck wrote:You have added to the cost by having to phone, and surveys consistently show us as the best liked delivery company.scooby wrote:never had a problem with Hermes if i am out they leave a card with his number on i call them up and pick it up from his house the same night there tracking is very good to i think
I would ALWAYS use RM if the cost/convenience/service were similar but at the moment it's the competition who are making all the running.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
I'm sure most of them offer t&t inclusive, but what it don't tell you is what gate they tossed it over if they can't find anyone in, in the locality.
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 966
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
You know, there's nothing to prevent a company as large as Royal Mail to start up their own call and collect service. Well, they might have to hire a few more posties but since we're already everywhere, the economies of scale should work in our favor.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
Are you going to be the first to volunteer to have a wage cut down to National Minimum Wage??Kobi72 wrote:Hi,went to post a parcel earlier,thought I would use the post office,parcel is under 2kg in weight & skateboard deck size! Jeez royal mails price was £11.99,so went & checked online & used Hermes instead £4.20 collected from my house! Couldn't believe the price difference..I'd say Royal Mail will go tits up inside 10 years! Shocked
If you do then RM might be able to start to compete on price with your chosen courier service.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
No need for that,just clear out a lot of chaff,WCM could go and all it's hangers on,managers who travel round showing crappy video's,RMTV could be ditched,and the list goes on,time for RM to concentrate on getting the service right not painting over the cracks.wacko74 wrote:Are you going to be the first to volunteer to have a wage cut down to National Minimum Wage??Kobi72 wrote:Hi,went to post a parcel earlier,thought I would use the post office,parcel is under 2kg in weight & skateboard deck size! Jeez royal mails price was £11.99,so went & checked online & used Hermes instead £4.20 collected from my house! Couldn't believe the price difference..I'd say Royal Mail will go tits up inside 10 years! Shocked
If you do then RM might be able to start to compete on price with your chosen courier service.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
There are massive opportunities for RM in the medium-large parcel market but they don't want to know. All they want is a thousand small packets per shroud to maximise profit.
RM have the network, the knowledge, the staff to do it for a reasonable price yet let 'couriers' who are often un-uniformed people using their own cars help themselves to the business instead.
It's pure greed, I delivered a Saturday Guaranteed SD letter last week, the postage on it was just under £11. For a letter!
RM have the network, the knowledge, the staff to do it for a reasonable price yet let 'couriers' who are often un-uniformed people using their own cars help themselves to the business instead.
It's pure greed, I delivered a Saturday Guaranteed SD letter last week, the postage on it was just under £11. For a letter!
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh dear Royal Mail
Kobi72 wrote:Hi,went to post a parcel earlier,thought I would use the post office,parcel is under 2kg in weight & skateboard deck size! Jeez royal mails price was £11.99,so went & checked online & used Hermes instead £4.20 collected from my house! Couldn't believe the price difference..I'd say Royal Mail will go tits up inside 10 years! Shocked
Delivering mail in city centres for a few years now...I get to see what these private couriers do when it comes to delivering packets......sign for items themselves....asking me where is it safe to leave packets outside certain addresses...putting packets behind bins. Or even inside them...seen one or two sign for an item...lob it over a metal door guard protecting the door...all in full view of hundreds of people walking by...yep you get what you pay for....