ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Question About Pay.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jordanparker92
Posts: 13
Joined: 08 Jun 2014, 17:36
Gender: Male

Question About Pay.

Post by Jordanparker92 »

I've had a week off sick from the ( Thursday ) 7th till the 14th ( Thursday ) - I opened my wage slip and it says Sick pay £70.04, Arrears of Basic Pay 25.00 -£96.16, Arrears of Delivery Supplement -£5.88. Also I had a tax rebate of £45.20. Im on a 25 hour contract, but what I cant understand is why they have taken money off me? the only thing I can work out is that at the top right of my payslip it says Pensions Contrib £96.16 which is the same as what I got deduced on one of them, but why would i be deducted nearly £100 pound pension in a week? I've only been working for Royal mail 8 months, thanks.
osgoody1970
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 360
Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: Question About Pay.

Post by osgoody1970 »

you don't get paid for being sick for the first year now i'm afraid.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Question About Pay.

Post by Lincox »

Thats correct. As we are not paid a week in advance the Wages dept would have paid you in full on the week you were off, so what they have done is deducted the days you were off in the following week as you are not entitled to Royal Mail sick pay but they have paid you Statutory Sick Pay.