ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime Pay Rates

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Overtime Pay Rates

Post by Theghost »

I have just had a change in circumstances and for the 1st time ever i can do overtime.
What do we actually get paid per hours overtime? I am on a 39 hour contract,Is it worth doing?
ceri
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Aug 2014, 18:24
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime Pay Rates

Post by ceri »

in my opinion the odd day (up 2 10 hrs) is o.k worth doing,anything over 10 hrs your hourly rate will drop so i don't think it's worth the hassle.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Overtime Pay Rates

Post by clashcityrocker »

The hourly rate does not drop after 10 hours any more.
It changed with the AFG agreement.

It is worth doing if physically you can manage it and you need the money.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime Pay Rates

Post by Nigel1505 »

I personally don't bother because its not worth it as to the rates they pay and after tax there is not a lot extra in wage packet; besides by the time I have finished my duty I'm ready for home anyway. :wave
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Overtime Pay Rates

Post by Darren Bent »

I haven't done overtime for a year and it is not worth it any more. But if you work on floating week system it is worth doing it but not after work. It depends on how much money you need.