ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is this a bit odd
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Is this a bit odd
Postie: Good Morning I have a parcel for you(chirpy)
Customer: Do you mind not knocking on my door my baby is sleeping(aggressive)
Postie: Sorry how was I to know, how do I attract your attention to let you know you have a parcel
Customer: knock quietly
Postie: If you put a note on your door I would have known not to knock
Customer: Go away
Postie: Would you be able to trim the brambles that I caught my arm on by your front door
Customer: don't use that door use this one
Postie: But this door has no delivery point where would I post your letters?
Customer: knock on the door
Postie: Err (confused)
Customer: I have n't got time to cut brambles I've got a baby to look after.
Customer: Do you mind not knocking on my door my baby is sleeping(aggressive)
Postie: Sorry how was I to know, how do I attract your attention to let you know you have a parcel
Customer: knock quietly
Postie: If you put a note on your door I would have known not to knock
Customer: Go away
Postie: Would you be able to trim the brambles that I caught my arm on by your front door
Customer: don't use that door use this one
Postie: But this door has no delivery point where would I post your letters?
Customer: knock on the door
Postie: Err (confused)
Customer: I have n't got time to cut brambles I've got a baby to look after.
'Libraries gave us power'
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this a bit odd
I know a silent method... Slip in a 739 card !
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this a bit odd
Won't happen when delivering Milk Tokens,
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
joeyuk
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 13:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this a bit odd
Yeah some people are strange. Had this the other day
Had a tracked for a customer so knocked and rang the bell. Not answer after 30 secs but on looking in the front room window so a 15/16 lad laying on the sofa watching TV. Knocked again a bit louder and did the bell a few times, he still made no effot to move. So i lightly tapped on the window, thats when i noticed another man sitting in his pants watching TV. This is the follwing conversation:
Him: Hang on i heard you the f-ing 1st time (this 2 mins after the 1st knock)
Me after another 30 secs coming to the door: Sorry, thought maybe you couldn't hear from the living room. I got a parcel for you.
Him: I said i f-ing heard you the 1st time, you should wait till i finished watching the TV.
Me: Sorry but i can't wait long at each house.
Him: You could see i was in so next time wait till finished what im doing.
At this I laughed as it was just so unreal
Him: What so funny?
Me: Here's your parcel, next time i'll just take it back to the office and you can collect it.
Him: Do u think i have the f-ing time to do your job for you?
Me: Well yes since its 12.30 on a Thursday , your sitting in your pants eating pizza.
As i walk off i got called a c**t!
Had a tracked for a customer so knocked and rang the bell. Not answer after 30 secs but on looking in the front room window so a 15/16 lad laying on the sofa watching TV. Knocked again a bit louder and did the bell a few times, he still made no effot to move. So i lightly tapped on the window, thats when i noticed another man sitting in his pants watching TV. This is the follwing conversation:
Him: Hang on i heard you the f-ing 1st time (this 2 mins after the 1st knock)
Me after another 30 secs coming to the door: Sorry, thought maybe you couldn't hear from the living room. I got a parcel for you.
Him: I said i f-ing heard you the 1st time, you should wait till i finished watching the TV.
Me: Sorry but i can't wait long at each house.
Him: You could see i was in so next time wait till finished what im doing.
At this I laughed as it was just so unreal
Him: What so funny?
Me: Here's your parcel, next time i'll just take it back to the office and you can collect it.
Him: Do u think i have the f-ing time to do your job for you?
Me: Well yes since its 12.30 on a Thursday , your sitting in your pants eating pizza.
As i walk off i got called a c**t!
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this a bit odd
nice one...our Lovely Cuctomers then?
I had this a few weeks back..Him..."Why are u putting my post up the road?"
Me, "I'm not, I haven't done this round for months."
Him, " We just don't seem to be getting the service we are paying for..."
PAYING FOR? What like the Taxes we pay out every week/month?
Then was told, he doesnt work, lives of the State, and waits by his front door to watch the posty arrive every day.
Apparently, he phoned the office to speak to the Manager recently to ask why he was getting a different postman every day...WTF???
When asked if his mail was missing..it wasnt at that time..asked if his mail was late...it wasnt.
Manager asked, Why are u ringing me then??
I had this a few weeks back..Him..."Why are u putting my post up the road?"
Me, "I'm not, I haven't done this round for months."
Him, " We just don't seem to be getting the service we are paying for..."
PAYING FOR? What like the Taxes we pay out every week/month?
Then was told, he doesnt work, lives of the State, and waits by his front door to watch the posty arrive every day.
Apparently, he phoned the office to speak to the Manager recently to ask why he was getting a different postman every day...WTF???
When asked if his mail was missing..it wasnt at that time..asked if his mail was late...it wasnt.
Manager asked, Why are u ringing me then??
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 966
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: Is this a bit odd
I've never had a kid but maybe it was a newborn? As in, oh God, they've finally fallen asleep after being up all night crying.mickeymacca wrote:Postie: Good Morning I have a parcel for you(chirpy)
Customer: Do you mind not knocking on my door my baby is sleeping(aggressive)
Postie: Sorry how was I to know, how do I attract your attention to let you know you have a parcel
Customer: knock quietly
Postie: If you put a note on your door I would have known not to knock
Customer: Go away
Postie: Would you be able to trim the brambles that I caught my arm on by your front door
Customer: don't use that door use this one
Postie: But this door has no delivery point where would I post your letters?
Customer: knock on the door
Postie: Err (confused)
Customer: I have n't got time to cut brambles I've got a baby to look after.
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this a bit odd
Probably, but short of reading Births, Deaths and Marriages in the local rag I have no knowledge of the dynamic of the household to which I deliver when I am not on my regular duty. And a polite request rather than a shirty confrontation in response to me trying to deliver a parcel she had ordered would have been more favourably received, not too mention the thorn bush. She was basically have a bad day and taking it out on the postman....britwrit wrote:I've never had a kid but maybe it was a newborn? As in, oh God, they've finally fallen asleep after being up all night crying.mickeymacca wrote:Postie: Good Morning I have a parcel for you(chirpy)
Customer: Do you mind not knocking on my door my baby is sleeping(aggressive)
Postie: Sorry how was I to know, how do I attract your attention to let you know you have a parcel
Customer: knock quietly
Postie: If you put a note on your door I would have known not to knock
Customer: Go away
Postie: Would you be able to trim the brambles that I caught my arm on by your front door
Customer: don't use that door use this one
Postie: But this door has no delivery point where would I post your letters?
Customer: knock on the door
Postie: Err (confused)
Customer: I have n't got time to cut brambles I've got a baby to look after.
'Libraries gave us power'
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this a bit odd
1. she ordered the parcel,so shouldve expected it and left note on door.
2. worst thing you can do is 'tip toe' round your baby...cos itll get used to no noise..then slightest sound and itll be waking up.
2. worst thing you can do is 'tip toe' round your baby...cos itll get used to no noise..then slightest sound and itll be waking up.
'deal of the century' - dingo
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this a bit odd
1 house we do has a sign on the door,,,, "Don't Knock Night Shift Worker"......and yeah they get a couple of parcels a week,,,so I don't knock I slip through a 739 and laugh at the noise there dog makes as it hears me.....kinda defeats the object for them surely
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Is this a bit odd
centenaryman wrote:1 house we do has a sign on the door,,,, "Don't Knock Night Shift Worker"......and yeah they get a couple of parcels a week,,,so I don't knock I slip through a 739 and laugh at the noise there dog makes as it hears me.....kinda defeats the object for them surely
could just be a sign put off to ward away cold callers - I've done it and my colleagues know to ignore it if I have ordered something.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this a bit odd
I knocked on a door once. the lady came to the door holding a baby. she took the packet and threw it over a shoulder without a word. she went to close the door but I had letter too, they suffered the same fate. I guess I must have woken the kid.
She`s been as good as gold since with polite good mornings, and thanks yous.
She`s been as good as gold since with polite good mornings, and thanks yous.
-
bobthepostie
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this a bit odd
Last week i had two parcels for a customer who has just moved into the street. Was approx 10:30am. Rang the doorbell, no answer after a minute, started to write out the 739. Rang the doorbell again and a bloke comes to the door obviously in a fit of rage , two youngish kids stood at the top of the stairs behind him, and this is how the conversation went.
Me: Morning i have a few parcels here for you.
Customer: They're not for me they are for HER. Can you be a bit quieter the next time.
Me: Sorry but it's half ten i wouldn't of thought anyone would still be in bed plus i rang your doorbell.
Customer : The kids are on school holidays and i don't like them waking up too early.
Me: How do i be more quiet though?
Customer: Don't ring the doorbell as loudly
Handed the parcels over and walked away with a smile.
Ten minutes later i had a parcel for the end of the street. No answer after two rings and a chap. Put the 739 through the door. Customer catches up with me (must have heard the P739 hit the floor
) four doors down and asked why i didn't knock and when i explained that i did several times i was told to knock louder the next time.
Sometimes you just cannot win.
Me: Morning i have a few parcels here for you.
Customer: They're not for me they are for HER. Can you be a bit quieter the next time.
Me: Sorry but it's half ten i wouldn't of thought anyone would still be in bed plus i rang your doorbell.
Customer : The kids are on school holidays and i don't like them waking up too early.
Me: How do i be more quiet though?
Customer: Don't ring the doorbell as loudly
Handed the parcels over and walked away with a smile.
Ten minutes later i had a parcel for the end of the street. No answer after two rings and a chap. Put the 739 through the door. Customer catches up with me (must have heard the P739 hit the floor
Sometimes you just cannot win.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Is this a bit odd
Reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElLpKewnxp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;mickeymacca wrote:Postie: Good Morning I have a parcel for you(chirpy)
Customer: Do you mind not knocking on my door my baby is sleeping(aggressive)
Postie: Sorry how was I to know, how do I attract your attention to let you know you have a parcel
Customer: knock quietly
Postie: If you put a note on your door I would have known not to knock
Customer: Go away
Postie: Would you be able to trim the brambles that I caught my arm on by your front door
Customer: don't use that door use this one
Postie: But this door has no delivery point where would I post your letters?
Customer: knock on the door
Postie: Err (confused)
Customer: I have n't got time to cut brambles I've got a baby to look after.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this a bit odd
I had a woman tell me she would take next doors parcels in for her if she wasn't in and to feel free to give her a Knox. 2 days later I did just that and got a mouthful of abuse because she too had a baby