ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

YDS Message. Re: Footwear.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

YDS Message. Re: Footwear.

Post by Thunderthighs »

I asked YDS, our new trainer suppliers, if we could get the BEST quality trainers from them etc.
The chap replied, "Yes, you can possibly get them via your purchase option."

So...I assume this means, we can pay the "difference" between what RM supply, and what WE are willing to pay the extra for then?
Can anyone confirm this?

They do a Goretex boot, and I for one don't mind paying a bit extra, to be at least NOT have to use 2 Warburtons Medium Sliced bags inside my RM footwear...to keep "dry".
Thanks...
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: YDS Message. Re: Footwear.

Post by datasaint »

I wonder if they do a wider fit shoe, I could really do with one.
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: YDS Message. Re: Footwear.

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

Thunderthighs wrote: to be at least NOT have to use 2 Warburtons Medium Sliced bags inside my RM footwear...to keep "dry".
Thanks...
When I used to be a motorcycle courier I used to get waterproof socks from an army surplus store, best thing for staying dry and warm :nana
mlw
Posts: 182
Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 21:32
Gender: Male

Re: YDS Message. Re: Footwear.

Post by mlw »

Thunderthighs wrote:I asked YDS, our new trainer suppliers, if we could get the BEST quality trainers from them etc.
The chap replied, "Yes, you can possibly get them via your purchase option."

So...I assume this means, we can pay the "difference" between what RM supply, and what WE are willing to pay the extra for then?
Can anyone confirm this?

They do a Goretex boot, and I for one don't mind paying a bit extra, to be at least NOT have to use 2 Warburtons Medium Sliced bags inside my RM footwear...to keep "dry".
Thanks...
Why use your own money if they wear out early then get your dom to get you new ones they have to supply them for h and s
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: YDS Message. Re: Footwear.

Post by Thunderthighs »

Ive tried SEAL SKINS, Waterproof socks. But..they ain't waterproof.
bobthepostie
Posts: 135
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
Gender: Male

Re: YDS Message. Re: Footwear.

Post by bobthepostie »

My feet are KILLING me with these new YDS. I had a pair of the Anvils and they were even worse. Think it'll be a doctors note and own footwear from now on. Walking like an old cripple at the end of every shift. Even gel insoles from Boots didn't help me. :crazy:
sussexlad
Posts: 161
Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: YDS Message. Re: Footwear.

Post by sussexlad »

bobthepostie wrote:My feet are KILLING me with these new YDS. I had a pair of the Anvils and they were even worse. Think it'll be a doctors note and own footwear from now on. Walking like an old cripple at the end of every shift. Even gel insoles from Boots didn't help me. :crazy:
I gave the Anvils back after 3 days because they were so heavy to wear on delivery. Got a pair of YDS and they hurt my feet for a few weeks but now worn with a pair of hiking socks I do quite like them. Cannot remember if they came with a inner sole but I don't wear one with them.