ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Family request Manangers to stay away from funeral

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Family request Manangers to stay away from funeral

Post by P739 »

Every picture tells a story... What does this say about current relationships with management so sad.

On Saturday we had Charlie flynn the boxer thanking his royal mail managers, today there's a request from the family that royal mail managers do not attend a postman funeral. what does this tell you about Falkirk delivery office.


I know what it tells me but does anyone listen no
chance and that goes for my so called head bummers at the Union get your head out the sand THERE ARE MASSIVE PROBLEMS IN EVERY OFFICE UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY FFS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT...rant over :arrrghhh
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: Family request Manangers to stay away from funeral

Post by Red Robbo »

I remember when a local manager "hounded" a colleague off the night shift and then had the cheek to go to her funeral much to her husbands disgust and rather than cause a scene the husband blanked him.:crazy:
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Re: Family request Manangers to stay away from funeral

Post by P739 »

Its a sad state of affairs but is this what it's come to utterly disgraceful...But we all know it goes on.....On a daily basis...I personally applaud the families decision... The poor Postie has probably been going home on a daily basis telling his family how s**t his day has been and who was responsible for it and they clowns thought they could just turn up at the Posties funeral like nothing had happened ( I right) ...On a personal note God forbid but if anything was to happen to me I certainly would not want any of the Managers in my office to attended my funeral just purely on the way I have been treated..
shoelessjoe
Posts: 22
Joined: 29 May 2014, 08:13
Gender: Male

Re: Family request Manangers to stay away from funeral

Post by shoelessjoe »

already told my wife i do not want anybody from royal mail to attend,not that anybody would want to,over the passed few years the job has turned me very curmudgenly,and awkward.
sussexlad
Posts: 161
Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: Family request Manangers to stay away from funeral

Post by sussexlad »

Red Robbo wrote:I remember when a local manager "hounded" a colleague off the night shift and then had the cheek to go to her funeral much to her husbands disgust and rather than cause a scene the husband blanked him.:crazy:
If I had been the husband I think I would have punched his lights out before the funeral started.
rogerdawcy
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 18:22
Gender: Male

Re: Family request Manangers to stay away from funeral

Post by rogerdawcy »

We had a similar situation here, young lad died and managers were told to stay away.
They'd hounded him while he was sick, threatened stages etc. wouldn't let any of us take time off either, had to go to service then complete walks.