ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ten year award pack

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Ten year award pack

Post by eastie »

Royal Mail want me to fill in details and send them a letter back so they can award me my 10 year service award pack.
What is this and is it worth it?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

eastie wrote:Royal Mail want me to fill in details and send them a letter back so they can award me my 10 year service award pack.
What is this and is it worth it?

Cheap plastic block with a certificate inside it and a pen that last 10 minutes - is it worth it - probably not, but at least its some recognition of the pain and tribulations we face.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
abbo75
Posts: 27
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 13:14
Location: Norfolk

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by abbo75 »

I filled my form in for 10 years, but didn't get my plastic block until I'd done 11 years, thanks to my manager lol. Worth it? Probably not.....
knackeredneedadayoff
Posts: 342
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by knackeredneedadayoff »

I would not bother its a insult and embarrassment when been given it in front of office,i only accepted later ones when they had any monetary value,my 10 year one was a alarm clock and Royal Mail tie which i declined. :mad
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by wookie »

I got a wooden block thing and some Consignia (what a farce that was!) cuff-links.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by comeracing »

what do you get for 20 years service,
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by Judgee »

comeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,

Free psychiatric help?! :crazy:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by dave72 »

Think I got a poxy tie for my 10 years :crazy: 3 years to go for my 20 :left:
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by P13 »

comeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
A plastic block with a certificate inside it
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by krussel »

comeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
A hip replacement.

Extra weeks AL :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by Lincox »

Long term service awards will be a thing of the past. Yet another saving and extra bonus. I would have said more bonus for Moya, but she will not be around to reap the rewards. Her short term service awards will take care of that.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by baldrick »

I refused my 10 year award, it was only some cheap cr@p and we were in the middle of a dispute at the time. I wrote to the MCM to say that I didn't have much confidence in the future of Royal Mail the way things were going.
I did accept the 20 year award and got a watch which would have cost about £80 from a shop (plus the certificate in a plastic block).
The watch lasted 12 years so packed up about the same time as I took VR.
Dee Plish
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 282
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:05
Gender: Male
Location: Atop many steps

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by Dee Plish »

comeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
Punished for whatever they can trump up
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by k979aaa »

krussel wrote:
comeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
A hip replacement.

Extra weeks AL :Very Happy
Plus mental breakdown feed bullshit which you know is not true as you have perspective on the situation hence breakdown f***ing tossers at the top and the top of the CWU!
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by krussel »

k979aaa wrote:
krussel wrote:
comeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
A hip replacement.

Extra weeks AL :Very Happy
Plus mental breakdown feed bullshit which you know is not true as you have perspective on the situation hence breakdown f***ing tossers at the top and the top of the CWU!

Sadly I agree mate. :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........