ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ten year award pack
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Ten year award pack
Royal Mail want me to fill in details and send them a letter back so they can award me my 10 year service award pack.
What is this and is it worth it?
What is this and is it worth it?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Ten year award pack
eastie wrote:Royal Mail want me to fill in details and send them a letter back so they can award me my 10 year service award pack.
What is this and is it worth it?
Cheap plastic block with a certificate inside it and a pen that last 10 minutes - is it worth it - probably not, but at least its some recognition of the pain and tribulations we face.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
abbo75
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 13:14
- Location: Norfolk
Re: Ten year award pack
I filled my form in for 10 years, but didn't get my plastic block until I'd done 11 years, thanks to my manager lol. Worth it? Probably not.....
-
knackeredneedadayoff
- Posts: 342
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Ten year award pack
I would not bother its a insult and embarrassment when been given it in front of office,i only accepted later ones when they had any monetary value,my 10 year one was a alarm clock and Royal Mail tie which i declined. 
-
wookie
- Posts: 319
- Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Ten year award pack
I got a wooden block thing and some Consignia (what a farce that was!) cuff-links.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Ten year award pack
what do you get for 20 years service,
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Ten year award pack
comeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
Free psychiatric help?!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Ten year award pack
Think I got a poxy tie for my 10 years
3 years to go for my 20 
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Ten year award pack
A plastic block with a certificate inside itcomeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Ten year award pack
A hip replacement.comeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
Extra weeks AL
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Ten year award pack
Long term service awards will be a thing of the past. Yet another saving and extra bonus. I would have said more bonus for Moya, but she will not be around to reap the rewards. Her short term service awards will take care of that.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Ten year award pack
I refused my 10 year award, it was only some cheap cr@p and we were in the middle of a dispute at the time. I wrote to the MCM to say that I didn't have much confidence in the future of Royal Mail the way things were going.
I did accept the 20 year award and got a watch which would have cost about £80 from a shop (plus the certificate in a plastic block).
The watch lasted 12 years so packed up about the same time as I took VR.
I did accept the 20 year award and got a watch which would have cost about £80 from a shop (plus the certificate in a plastic block).
The watch lasted 12 years so packed up about the same time as I took VR.
-
Dee Plish
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:05
- Gender: Male
- Location: Atop many steps
Re: Ten year award pack
Punished for whatever they can trump upcomeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Ten year award pack
Plus mental breakdown feed bullshit which you know is not true as you have perspective on the situation hence breakdown f***ing tossers at the top and the top of the CWU!krussel wrote:A hip replacement.comeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
Extra weeks AL
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Ten year award pack
k979aaa wrote:Plus mental breakdown feed bullshit which you know is not true as you have perspective on the situation hence breakdown f***ing tossers at the top and the top of the CWU!krussel wrote:A hip replacement.comeracing wrote:what do you get for 20 years service,
Extra weeks AL
Sadly I agree mate.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........