ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

swore at by customer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

swore at by customer

Post by eastie »

Went to deliver a parcel to an address today and rang the bell and there was no answer, but I could hear talking from the upstairs bedroom open window.
I rang again and was told to "F**K OFF"
I said "don't you want this parcel then?" and he told me to " F**KING go away "
Needless to say I didn't try a neighbour.
Can I refuse to deliver parcels there in future and should the DOM write them a letter to pick up their own parcels ?
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: swore at by customer

Post by rhino49 »

It's surprising how rude burglars can be when they are disturbed :Very Happy :shock:
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: swore at by customer

Post by freelunch »

If it's the first time at the address then could simply be you caught them at a very very bad time, when they really didn't want to be interrupted.
Let it go unless you expect a repeat.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: swore at by customer

Post by datasaint »

Did you 739 it?

Sounds like the type who'd then chase you down the street saying you didn't knock.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: swore at by customer

Post by arnold cheshire »

norm wrote:Did you 739 it?

Sounds like the type who'd then chase you down the street saying you didn't knock.
or the ones who shout and expect you walk back on yourself
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: swore at by customer

Post by comeracing »

eastie wrote:Went to deliver a parcel to an address today and rang the bell and there was no answer, but I could hear talking from the upstairs bedroom open window.
I rang again and was told to "F**K OFF"
I said "don't you want this parcel then?" and he told me to " F**KING go away "
Needless to say I didn't try a neighbour.
Can I refuse to deliver parcels there in future and should the DOM write them a letter to pick up their own parcels ?
hope you put 72 hours on the p379
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: swore at by customer

Post by Postie45 »

eastie wrote:Went to deliver a parcel to an address today and rang the bell and there was no answer, but I could hear talking from the upstairs bedroom open window.
I rang again and was told to "F**K OFF"
I said "don't you want this parcel then?" and he told me to " F**KING go away "
Needless to say I didn't try a neighbour.
Can I refuse to deliver parcels there in future and should the DOM write them a letter to pick up their own parcels ?
this falls under abuse of a postal worker, the manager can take this seriously if you push it. I doubt theyd stop deliveries for this one occasion but they can send him a letter warning that further abuse and they may have to come collect their mail.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: swore at by customer

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I had one where they were clearly SHA??ING upstairs and didn't want to come down, so I went next door and told the old lady to look after it, imagine their embarrassment later on! :Very Happy
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
bostonpilgrim
Posts: 10
Joined: 11 Jul 2011, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: swore at by customer

Post by bostonpilgrim »

This is from the local area news today

http://www.eastlindseytarget.co.uk/Skeg ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hauntedpaws
Posts: 11
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: swore at by customer

Post by hauntedpaws »

but they can send him a letter

And YOU get to deliver it, lol :crazy:
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: swore at by customer

Post by postslippete »

Ain't it funny how the slightest thing can annoy customers and make them extremely irate, things like:


1. leaving the gate open - but have you seen me struggling to open the latch for the last 2 minutes??/the gate is tied up with bits of string how on earth does it shut?

2. crossing the garden to the house next door - I merely jumped across

3. rubber bands on the driveway - they are supposed to be biodegradable, well the red ones were, RIP

4. consistent mail for the old occupants - have you tried contacting the mailing preference service?? They give you a form to fill in, but doesn't stop international mail. Obviously, I can't advertise this with all customers. :shhhhh

5. mail for the occupants next door - why oh why does your house not have a number?? I thought it was 43 not 41

6. asking the next door neighbour to take a parcel in - I did'n't know he was the neighbour from hell, he didn't have a sticker on his letterbox to advertise this

5. mail that is wet!! - I take it you was not out in the recent monsoon?

6. brown packets that have been torn and delivered in a damage bag - It wasn't me that ripped it!

7. Surcharges. I mean why pay £1.11 for what is JUNK MAIL! - Really sorry that you had to take a trip to the office, no we can't reimburse travel/petrol costs for what you regard as Junk



Its only my perception obviously but the main area where Ive experienced frequent complaints in person about the Royal Mail are things where Ive had absolutely no control over like late Deliveries. I mean have you tried running in Royal Mail shoes?? Nike Air Max they aren't. And yet, we get later....
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
PhilPott
Posts: 20
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: swore at by customer

Post by PhilPott »

postslippete wrote:

Its only my perception obviously but the main area where Ive experienced frequent complaints in person about the Royal Mail are things where Ive had absolutely no control over like late Deliveries. I mean have you tried running in Royal Mail shoes?? Nike Air Max they aren't. And yet, we get later....
Not too bad if you carry the bag bandolier style - can easily cut a good chunk of time off once the boots are broken in.