ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Paying for extra holidays question!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Paying for extra holidays question!

Post by hewittinspain »

Does anyone know if this can still be purchased to get extra annual leave? Ive been in the RM for over a year and a lot of our posties pay something weekly to get extra time off and tell me it is worth it. And when is the best time to set the wheels in motion for it?
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Paying for extra holidays question!

Post by doorstepped »

you need to inform your DOM before the end of March to be included in the next working year ( April - March )

it is well worth doing it as you dont even notice the payment coming out of your pay packet :)
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Paying for extra holidays question!

Post by Judgee »

I used to do it but stopped. You are hardly ever allowed to book anytime off so unless you are keen for a week off in February or November it's not usually worth it at least in our office! I tried to book one Saturday off early next year but apparently they can't cover me even though I originally tried to book it 8 months in advance! :so there
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Whysoslowyehcfc
Posts: 238
Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
Gender: Male

Re: Paying for extra holidays question!

Post by Whysoslowyehcfc »

Worse thing Royal Mail introduced, everyone who can buy leave in my office have done so, now everyone is stuck with days or even weeks owing that they can't take
maximus12
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: Paying for extra holidays question!

Post by maximus12 »

I started doing it and it's more money than i thought per week, but it is worth it to have extra time off.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Paying for extra holidays question!

Post by Darren Bent »

Can I put it in writing in Sheffield Head Office as my delivery office never done anything about it.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Paying for extra holidays question!

Post by Hitcher »

maximus12 wrote:I started doing it and it's more money than i thought per week, but it is worth it to have extra time off.
How much did you think it was going to be?
Lightweight andy
Posts: 36
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
Gender: Male

Re: Paying for extra holidays question!

Post by Lightweight andy »

I do it and was told I had to have worked for them for two years before I could purchase it..
PhilPott
Posts: 20
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: Paying for extra holidays question!

Post by PhilPott »

I do it and ask the DOM to allocate - It's not difficult to plan ahead with holidays and social events that way.
maximus12
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: Paying for extra holidays question!

Post by maximus12 »

I just mean people had said it's a few quid a week and it's about £12 i think so initially thought it was less. When i got the details of it i knew the amount.