ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lost parcels query - help

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Downeagle
Posts: 68
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 08:30
Gender: Male

Lost parcels query - help

Post by Downeagle »

Have sent a parcel twice - 4 weeks apart from County Kildare to Warlingham, Surrey and each time it hasn't arrived, no red card no nothing. Tried to ring the local delivery office which I am told is Caterham but just get Royal Mail switchboard and you can't get past them. Apparently I am to initiate the enquiry from the start in Count Kildare which causes a problem. The item each time is only worth a tenner and I believe in the honesty of both parties (I know them well) but still no parcel. Is there a problem here in the office or is there anything else I can do. Ps they haven't been returned either. Not playing any blame game here just like some advice please.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Lost parcels query - help

Post by enskied »

First thing to do is to double check That you are addressing the parcel correctly. I am not being patronising or sarcastic, the amount of mail/packets we deal with that are incorrectly addressed is astonishing. Often no number, street or postcode.
beezet
Posts: 93
Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
Gender: Male

Re: Lost parcels query - help

Post by beezet »

Have you tried your neighbours :left:
Downeagle
Posts: 68
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 08:30
Gender: Male

Re: Lost parcels query - help

Post by Downeagle »

The address was ruled out, we double checked for the 2nd attempt, the neighbours ok I'll get in contact, thanks