ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

if i leave RM but re-join what happens to my shares?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
harri321
Posts: 3
Joined: 28 Mar 2011, 15:18
Gender: Male

if i leave RM but re-join what happens to my shares?

Post by harri321 »

Hi i left royal mail last november 2013 to go self-employed as a franchise courier for DPD. Bad decision! i know royal mail isnt all sunshine and roses but that place was something else....a nightmare! Before i left i got the letter with my shares and understood if i left id have to give them back and i did. But i was wondering i have just been succesfull in re applying for RM just waiting on a start date and its still not a year since i left, is there a chance id get the shares back? or is that a stupid question??
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6693
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: if i leave RM but re-join what happens to my shares?

Post by RobertT »

You won't get your shares back, but you would presumably be entitled to any further allocations of shares in the future.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: if i leave RM but re-join what happens to my shares?

Post by rehabron »

harri321 wrote:Hi i left royal mail last november 2013 to go self-employed as a franchise courier for DPD. Bad decision! i know royal mail isnt all sunshine and roses but that place was something else....a nightmare! Before i left i got the letter with my shares and understood if i left id have to give them back and i did. But i was wondering i have just been succesfull in re applying for RM just waiting on a start date and its still not a year since i left, is there a chance id get the shares back? or is that a stupid question??
You would have received your free shares initially because you met the criteria for allocation that you were employed by RM between 10th July and 15th October unless you opted out.
Because you have resigned from the business before the 3 year is completed you will lose your free shares and it has no effect on the fact that you have returned in less than a year.
However you will be eligible for any further shares that may be issued.
Rory
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
Gender: Male

Re: if i leave RM but re-join what happens to my shares?

Post by Rory »

Why was DPD a nightmare may I ask?
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: if i leave RM but re-join what happens to my shares?

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

I was thinking of going to dpd. Why are they so bad to work for?
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: if i leave RM but re-join what happens to my shares?

Post by datasaint »

Rory wrote:Why was DPD a nightmare may I ask?
I suspect as a newbie he was given a crap round with unobtainable targets.

How much are DPD paying anyway?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: if i leave RM but re-join what happens to my shares?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=3012966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: if i leave RM but re-join what happens to my shares?

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

Thanks for that link TBT.
I think I shall have a re-think on my next career move :hmmmm
harri321
Posts: 3
Joined: 28 Mar 2011, 15:18
Gender: Male

Re: if i leave RM but re-join what happens to my shares?

Post by harri321 »

Ah ok thanks for the replys knew it was a long shot! As for DPD norm was spot on given a Buisness route with targets that I couldn't hit in a million years to get my blueprint that was 80 something drops and collections a day. I would leave my house at around 5 to get in loaded and get out the depot for around 7-8 and get in through my front door at about 7-8 on a normal day without traffic/road works etc. The Buisness route was pure bulk I could have 15-20 parcels for one drop weighing anything from 1-30 40 50kg and only get paid the £2.05 as you are paid per stop anything over 10 parcels you would get 5p. These could be on industrial estates with no info just a company name ( most only had unit numbers) or in office blocks on any floor so you would be making numerous trips up and down as you cannot ask for help for health and safety regs. I had hope hospital and salford uni they were an absolute nightmare as most of the time they only had a persons name on the parcels...so if you couldn't find the ward/floor/unit person etc you may have just wasted 15-20 mins as other people won't/can't sign for anything..and not get paid your £2.05 also bare in mind that you have an ETA to hit ( estimated time of arrival) a one hour window you have to hit . It cost me on average £100-£120 a week to fuel my sprinter. Pay for a cab phone I never used and I got no help if i couldn't fit everything into my van just snarls off the management as I was just a franchise driver. We also faced loosing our deposits and jobs if we said anything negative about the company (as stated in our contracts). Basically you pay DPD to work for them work like a Trojan... (I'm not work shy!!) and they a good chunk of what you earn! I could go on and on and on with negatives! I'm just glad I got out