ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Whys TNT disappearing?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

Whys TNT disappearing?

Post by Chitchat »

Noticed over the past month that I'm getting more and more letters and flats coming through with just delivered by Royal Mail and a postage number. It was only on closer inspection that i realised that the postage number is TNT's number. Its happening on so much post now something must be happening. Its on BT, Sky Tesco letters to name a few. Wondered if anyone else had noticed? And any thoughts on what TNT are up to?
seaside
Posts: 266
Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
Gender: Female

Re: Whys TNT disappearing?

Post by seaside »

Maybe they have all taken a holiday and we end up with their mail. :cry
Senior Service
Posts: 185
Joined: 19 Aug 2007, 18:34

Re: Whys TNT disappearing?

Post by Senior Service »

Perhaps they don't currently deliver in your area and they are using us for DSA; I suppose the worrying part is that when they do deliver we will be losing that mail. My office is very rural so I don't expect them in our area any time soon.

You do have to worry that there is some kind of master plan in which all our business is slowly being given to TNT et al and that us and the USO are doomed! I don't think the politicians want to admit it however.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Whys TNT disappearing?

Post by baldrick »

Could be that they can't recruit or keep staff. TNT were supposed to be delivering in my area from 3 months ago. I did see a TNT delivery guy the first week, but then haven't seen any for the following 12 weeks. But a couple of days ago I saw a young guy wearing TNT uniform who looked about 16 delivering Specsavers d2ds, and yesterday TNT delivered a dvd I bought on Amazon from a seller who usually uses Royal Mail.
I wonder if the youngster was a school pupil working for TNT during the school summer holidays.
raikky
Posts: 212
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
Gender: Female

Re: Whys TNT disappearing?

Post by raikky »

ive noticed a lot of our large flats are mostly RM or other dsa but hardly ay for tnt. there not delivering in our area yet
westlondonpostie
Posts: 559
Joined: 15 Jun 2009, 19:19
Gender: Male
Location: Close to the edge

Re: Whys TNT disappearing?

Post by westlondonpostie »

In the areas that TNT are delivering in, they will try to deliver as much of their mail as possible, but come Wednesday if they are struggling to clear or are approaching their deadlines they stick a "Delivered By Royal Mail" sticker on them and give it to us to deliver.
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: Whys TNT disappearing?

Post by spen »

smudgey wrote:The TNT name which will disappear in September :Very Happy will be replaced with a new name as its such a toxic one
royal mail
barbario
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 411
Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28

Re: Whys TNT disappearing?

Post by barbario »

baldrick wrote:Could be that they can't recruit or keep staff. TNT were supposed to be delivering in my area from 3 months ago. I did see a TNT delivery guy the first week, but then haven't seen any for the following 12 weeks. But a couple of days ago I saw a young guy wearing TNT uniform who looked about 16 delivering Specsavers d2ds, and yesterday TNT delivered a dvd I bought on Amazon from a seller who usually uses Royal Mail.
I wonder if the youngster was a school pupil working for TNT during the school summer holidays.
It said in a recent Union circular at our MC that TNT have a very high rate of staff turnover.
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Whys TNT disappearing?

Post by themailman »

barbario wrote:
baldrick wrote:Could be that they can't recruit or keep staff. TNT were supposed to be delivering in my area from 3 months ago. I did see a TNT delivery guy the first week, but then haven't seen any for the following 12 weeks. But a couple of days ago I saw a young guy wearing TNT uniform who looked about 16 delivering Specsavers d2ds, and yesterday TNT delivered a dvd I bought on Amazon from a seller who usually uses Royal Mail.
I wonder if the youngster was a school pupil working for TNT during the school summer holidays.
It said in a recent Union circular at our MC that TNT have a very high rate of staff turnover.
I've heard it's down to having a high rate of staff dumping mail
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Whys TNT disappearing?

Post by Darren Bent »

High Turnovers, plus part time hours and lower pay means more needs for better jobs and less loyalty.