ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Being pestered to come in......

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RetroJunkie
Posts: 165
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
Gender: Female

Being pestered to come in......

Post by RetroJunkie »

On your week off :arrrghhh

Been called 4 times this week and woken up by managers keep phoning me to come in, agreed to go in today wish I never to then be harassed and begged to come in tomorrow on three separate occasions, I feel like I have to turn my phone off just to get some peace from the place, anyone else experience this once off?
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by steve1873 »

RetroJunkie wrote:On your week off :arrrghhh

Been called 4 times this week and woken up by managers keep phoning me to come in, agreed to go in today wish I never to then be harassed and begged to come in tomorrow on three separate occasions, I feel like I have to turn my phone off just to get some peace from the place, anyone else experience this once off?
Tell them that if they wish you to be on call then pay you on call rates. Liberty taking @rseholes.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by PHARRY »

I would switch my phone off
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by koolishy67 »

Call me last week told manager I am out of country. :cuppa
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by coxie »

That seems to be the only reason to get people in for these meetings, once you're there they attempt the pile on the pressure to get you back. You don't have to attend but if you do agree then always take your rep and make notes.
raikky
Posts: 212
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
Gender: Female

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by raikky »

surely that's harassment. next time you go on holiday tell the idiot not to ring you I have a life
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by Sidley »

coxie wrote:That seems to be the only reason to get people in for these meetings, once you're there they attempt the pile on the pressure to get you back. You don't have to attend but if you do agree then always take your rep and make notes.
OP is on a week off not sick leave I believe coxie.

Is there not something that states that we can't work of our annual leave?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by arnold cheshire »

Sidley wrote:
coxie wrote:That seems to be the only reason to get people in for these meetings, once you're there they attempt the pile on the pressure to get you back. You don't have to attend but if you do agree then always take your rep and make notes.
OP is on a week off not sick leave I believe coxie.

Is there not something that states that we can't work of our annual leave?
is it a wallington week ? do they normally do overtime ? it takes loads of saying no before it soaks in when you want to stop doing overtime
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by scoobydo79 »

Ask Manager if He has a dictionary.Tell Him to look up the word "Holiday" :nana
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by scoobydo79 »

Lol I thought You were being pestered to come in for errr breakfast!!!!!
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by Lincox »

I just tell them that I have two legs, both are fcked and if they recover I will be back in on my next duty day.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by DGP1 »

Change your phone number and then don't give them the new one........worked for me :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
A2B
Posts: 2025
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by A2B »

Most modern phones have the option to divert a specific number straight to voicemail, when i have time off i always set this now
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by bustedflush »

RetroJunkie wrote:On your week off :arrrghhh

Been called 4 times this week and woken up by managers keep phoning me to come in, agreed to go in today wish I never to then be harassed and begged to come in tomorrow on three separate occasions, I feel like I have to turn my phone off just to get some peace from the place, anyone else experience this once off?

They're practising their phone manners for when the Zero-hour contract workers come in (which of course will never happen... :roll: )
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: Being pestered to come in......

Post by coxie »

Sidley wrote:
coxie wrote:That seems to be the only reason to get people in for these meetings, once you're there they attempt the pile on the pressure to get you back. You don't have to attend but if you do agree then always take your rep and make notes.
OP is on a week off not sick leave I believe coxie.

Is there not something that states that we can't work of our annual leave?

My bad, didn't read the first line lol. That just makes it even worse, that's blatant harassment.