Been called 4 times this week and woken up by managers keep phoning me to come in, agreed to go in today wish I never to then be harassed and begged to come in tomorrow on three separate occasions, I feel like I have to turn my phone off just to get some peace from the place, anyone else experience this once off?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being pestered to come in......
-
RetroJunkie
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 16:06
- Gender: Female
Being pestered to come in......
On your week off
Been called 4 times this week and woken up by managers keep phoning me to come in, agreed to go in today wish I never to then be harassed and begged to come in tomorrow on three separate occasions, I feel like I have to turn my phone off just to get some peace from the place, anyone else experience this once off?
Been called 4 times this week and woken up by managers keep phoning me to come in, agreed to go in today wish I never to then be harassed and begged to come in tomorrow on three separate occasions, I feel like I have to turn my phone off just to get some peace from the place, anyone else experience this once off?
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: Being pestered to come in......
Tell them that if they wish you to be on call then pay you on call rates. Liberty taking @rseholes.RetroJunkie wrote:On your week off![]()
Been called 4 times this week and woken up by managers keep phoning me to come in, agreed to go in today wish I never to then be harassed and begged to come in tomorrow on three separate occasions, I feel like I have to turn my phone off just to get some peace from the place, anyone else experience this once off?
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Being pestered to come in......
I would switch my phone off
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Being pestered to come in......
Call me last week told manager I am out of country. 
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Being pestered to come in......
That seems to be the only reason to get people in for these meetings, once you're there they attempt the pile on the pressure to get you back. You don't have to attend but if you do agree then always take your rep and make notes.
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: Being pestered to come in......
surely that's harassment. next time you go on holiday tell the idiot not to ring you I have a life
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Being pestered to come in......
OP is on a week off not sick leave I believe coxie.coxie wrote:That seems to be the only reason to get people in for these meetings, once you're there they attempt the pile on the pressure to get you back. You don't have to attend but if you do agree then always take your rep and make notes.
Is there not something that states that we can't work of our annual leave?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Being pestered to come in......
is it a wallington week ? do they normally do overtime ? it takes loads of saying no before it soaks in when you want to stop doing overtimeSidley wrote:OP is on a week off not sick leave I believe coxie.coxie wrote:That seems to be the only reason to get people in for these meetings, once you're there they attempt the pile on the pressure to get you back. You don't have to attend but if you do agree then always take your rep and make notes.
Is there not something that states that we can't work of our annual leave?
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Being pestered to come in......
Ask Manager if He has a dictionary.Tell Him to look up the word "Holiday" 
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Being pestered to come in......
Lol I thought You were being pestered to come in for errr breakfast!!!!!
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Being pestered to come in......
I just tell them that I have two legs, both are fcked and if they recover I will be back in on my next duty day.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Being pestered to come in......
Change your phone number and then don't give them the new one........worked for me 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
A2B
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Being pestered to come in......
Most modern phones have the option to divert a specific number straight to voicemail, when i have time off i always set this now
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Being pestered to come in......
RetroJunkie wrote:On your week off![]()
Been called 4 times this week and woken up by managers keep phoning me to come in, agreed to go in today wish I never to then be harassed and begged to come in tomorrow on three separate occasions, I feel like I have to turn my phone off just to get some peace from the place, anyone else experience this once off?
They're practising their phone manners for when the Zero-hour contract workers come in (which of course will never happen...
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Being pestered to come in......
Sidley wrote:OP is on a week off not sick leave I believe coxie.coxie wrote:That seems to be the only reason to get people in for these meetings, once you're there they attempt the pile on the pressure to get you back. You don't have to attend but if you do agree then always take your rep and make notes.
Is there not something that states that we can't work of our annual leave?
My bad, didn't read the first line lol. That just makes it even worse, that's blatant harassment.