
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why Don't We ... ??
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Why Don't We ... ??
Just back from a weeks hollibobs en France - and I saw this sticker SO many times - believe it's issued by the Local Council/Commune ...


"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Why Don't We ... ??
Not an official Opt-out!
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Why Don't We ... ??
Means 'no free unaddressed mail' if my schoolboy French is kosher.
Do they actually take any notice through?
P.S. What sort of door is that? Looks like it's an outside khazi.
Do they actually take any notice through?
P.S. What sort of door is that? Looks like it's an outside khazi.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Why Don't We ... ??
Looks like a post box for the house.bustedflush wrote:P.S. What sort of door is that? Looks like it's an outside khazi.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Why Don't We ... ??
Ah, I see. If you stand back it becomes apparent. Used to the skinny metal ones we get here.baldrick wrote:Looks like a post box for the house.bustedflush wrote:P.S. What sort of door is that? Looks like it's an outside khazi.
-
ratchet
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Buggered off to France
Re: Why Don't We ... ??
Aye, you should have a postbox on the perimeter of your property........... preferably so the postie can reach it without having to get out of the van (rural areas obviously).baldrick wrote:Looks like a post box for the house.bustedflush wrote:P.S. What sort of door is that? Looks like it's an outside khazi.
The only time your French postie will bother coming to your door is when they want to sell you their Xmas calendar.
I am no longer a number :-)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Why Don't We ... ??
http://www.lhaylesroses.fr/article/archive/396/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Why Don't We ... ??
All I can read on there is pub !TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.lhaylesroses.fr/article/archive/396/
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Why Don't We ... ??
Somebody should try delivering free deodorant to the French instead. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Why Don't We ... ??
https://translate.google.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; = https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;5plusbonusball wrote:All I can read on there is pub !TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.lhaylesroses.fr/article/archive/396/
sadly the Pub bit is short for Publication in this instance
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Why Don't We ... ??
Yes I like France for a holiday, but this is noticeable particularly when shopping in supermarkets at close quarters!norm wrote:Somebody should try delivering free deodorant to the French instead.
Most houses, unless the door is on the street, seem to have these wall/gate boxes. I bet they have more calls per round than us though? On a holiday recently passed a postman in the street and uttered a polite 'Bonjour' to him, he replied quickly the same, and I noticed that 'Saturday pill' look in his eyes as he swept past me looking for the early finish.