ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail Loans.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SamH25
Posts: 10
Joined: 06 Jan 2014, 13:15
Gender: Male

Royal Mail Loans.

Post by SamH25 »

Hi all.

I've recently moved and Im traveling around 30 miles into work. It will work out cheaper to get a train into work but need a loan to pay the costs upfront.

Does anyone know if RM offer employees interest free loans?
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail Loans.

Post by Nigel1505 »

I doubt it, but if you have an account with one of the credit unions you can normally get one there. :wave
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Royal Mail Loans.

Post by korky »

i asked last year, along with the union, no.
try commsave, depending how much you don't pay much interest,

"I want to borrow £500

and pay it off over 52 weeks

Weekly Repayment: £10.21
Total Amount Repayable: £531.18
Representative APR: 12.7%"

you do have an extra £2 minimum which goes into your savings.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Royal Mail Loans.

Post by spiderj »

Check the employee benefits section on Myroyalmail

There is a scheme for travelling :)
I won
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Royal Mail Loans.

Post by Pinky 1 »

You could also try the Rowland Hill Fund, they may be able to help.
http://www.rowlandhillfund.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Royal Mail Loans.

Post by spiderj »

Season ticket loan possible....just can't remember if its in my royal mail....tried calling wages?
I won
SamH25
Posts: 10
Joined: 06 Jan 2014, 13:15
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail Loans.

Post by SamH25 »

Okay. I'll check it out and see what I can find.
Thanks all.
westham000
Posts: 106
Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail Loans.

Post by westham000 »

Always get an 12-18 months interest free credit card. And spread any payments over a period that suits you, with a direct debit from your bank. But remember , if you miss any repayments or don't pay it off in time your be hit with high interest rates. :Applause