ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
good idea
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: good idea
The second week of the heatwave and our pay statements say "In the hot weather follow our top tips to working outdoors without putting your health at risk. Visit myroyalmail.com and watch RMTV for info."

-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: good idea
It's my first summer we need to get out earlier I thought they had a duty of care towards the workforce or am I thinking about a firm that actually cares
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: good idea
Yup!terry2972 wrote:It's my first summer we need to get out earlier I thought they had a duty of care towards the workforce or am I thinking about a firm that actually cares
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: good idea
terry2972 wrote:It's my first summer we need to get out earlier I thought they had a duty of care towards the workforce or am I thinking about a firm that actually cares
Must be some other company? TNT maybe... their delivery staff get to go over the park when it's hot and sit in a nice shady bush!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: good idea
Maybe that's why they found TNT mail in the bushes then? TNT posties "forgot to pick it back up, after taking a break in the shade"Judgee wrote:terry2972 wrote:It's my first summer we need to get out earlier I thought they had a duty of care towards the workforce or am I thinking about a firm that actually cares
Must be some other company? TNT maybe... their delivery staff get to go over the park when it's hot and sit in a nice shady bush!
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
mailroyaly
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: over there
Re: good idea
Are we allowed to deliver bare chested in the summer. I wouldn't mind topping up my tan whilst I work? 
-
Throwntothewolves
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 01 Nov 2012, 00:05
- Gender: Female
Re: good idea
I agree. We definitely should be going out earlier. I was out for 6 hours pushing a trolley yesterday in the sun. Even just for an hour was bad! They're more worried about whether you are wearing the correct trainers! They give you water bottles but no water!wabbithunta wrote:Yup!terry2972 wrote:It's my first summer we need to get out earlier I thought they had a duty of care towards the workforce or am I thinking about a firm that actually cares![]()
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: good idea
The local bin men are now starting 2 hours early because of the weather. Why can't RM do this?
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: good idea
They are having a laugh from next week it looks as if I will be cutting off the office I work in we use public transport to get to our walk and they are going to ask us to take out some lapsing I only just finish on time as it is
Interesting days lol
Interesting days lol