ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Using a PC without training...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Using a PC without training...

Post by Thunderthighs »

Just wondering about this one...I cover the PHG and used to access the PC, as directed by a manager. I'm not totally PC literate, but get by....just.
Anyway, I was recently asked to go on the PC, and was "shown" by the boss how "easy" it was...but HE couldnt access the correct system/pages either!!!
"I'll show you how its done again in the future" was the parting shot.
So...I was then NOT shown/told/demonstrated the system again.
Then, a week later, I told, "You can't go on the PC...( By the manager )...due to SECURITY REASONS..."
EH???????????????? What???? Where did this come from???? Am I an Al Queda suspect suddenly?
I have the keys to fully access the whole building, and the safe...so using a PC is a Security Risk then? Weird.

Then today, I was asked about the PC, and how you get onto it by a DOM, and I related the above story to them.
In addition, one jumped up "Coach" eeeejit states, "What a lodda rubbbish, you have to use it as part of the PHG role..."

So, it seems like there's a total lack of communication, belief and integrity all round.
Its stuff like this that day-to-day, does yer head in, with the constant incredibility of it all.

My feeling now is, if I'm asked to utilise the PC, think I'll claim incompotence and ignorance, and ask to be "Correctly Trained" on a recognised PC Course.
PHGandmore
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 May 2014, 20:38
Gender: Male
Location: Delivery Office

Re: Using a PC without training...

Post by PHGandmore »

Be careful, I made the mistake of asking for training on the pc as I'm the PHG and cover the dom support.
I now have to do

the managers daily reporting DODR twice a day.
Input response figures.
Complete DDR and email each day.
Access the D2D portal to print and confirm each walk weekly.
Access CLEOS for redelivery and cancel them.
Input all figures for surcharges and customs daily.

I've also been given a BLACKBAY account, I allocate PIN numbers for PDA's and 'track them'!!!
Believe it or not I now have a PSP account ( yes really) with access to every member of staff so I can put OVERTIME in.

I also have my own work email account.

As I said earlier........ Be careful what you wish for.
( I only get paid the same as every other postman....no allowance or anything)
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Using a PC without training...

Post by Thunderthighs »

Ooppps! Thats a whole can of worms there, so many thanks!!!
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: Using a PC without training...

Post by PhilthyPhil »

The only thing I can think of stopping you using the PC for security reasons would be if you don't have your own account as you should not be sharing an account with someone else.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Using a PC without training...

Post by Jpro747 »

Maybe your DOM was worried you might check the internet history :whistle
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Using a PC without training...

Post by Thunderthighs »

lol! Internet history...very interesting!