ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is this acceptable?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RoyalSlave69
Posts: 74
Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 16:33
Gender: Male

Is this acceptable?

Post by RoyalSlave69 »

Went back to work today after time off. Manager mumbles that we are now double lapsing. First I have heard of this. I asked him could someone show me the new route because I have no idea where to start. The new route is a town high street which I heard is a nightmare. Manager just mumbles that I need to find someone to help me out. Everyone is busy. He walks off.

Is this right? I have no idea where to begin and where to finish. Yet I'm supposed to find someone to help me. I just don't get it. We get moaned at about quality of service. But yet the manager showed no concern about whether or not I knew what I was doing. What if mail had to be taken back because I could not find where it was supposed to go? That not quality of service.

Now we are double lapsing this is officially the worst job I have ever had. I already have a whole town and high street to deliver to. But they just give me more. I already work 8-9 hours without a break and nothing is done about it. I am now close to the edge. I am angry. What is the worst that can happen if I call my manager a c*** to his face?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Is this acceptable?

Post by spiderj »

U know the answer
Why not just work your hours?
I won
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Is this acceptable?

Post by terry2972 »

Lose your job I would think
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Is this acceptable?

Post by Surreypostie »

I can't answer your question but why are you working without a break? All I would say is report for work on time, do what you are required to do, take your meal relief which you are legally entitled to and inform him you will not be working over your finish time. His attitude will probably change.
jack
Posts: 299
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32

Re: Is this acceptable?

Post by jack »

RoyalSlave69 wrote:Went back to work today after time off. Manager mumbles that we are now double lapsing. First I have heard of this. I asked him could someone show me the new route because I have no idea where to start. The new route is a town high street which I heard is a nightmare. Manager just mumbles that I need to find someone to help me out. Everyone is busy. He walks off.

Is this right? I have no idea where to begin and where to finish. Yet I'm supposed to find someone to help me. I just don't get it. We get moaned at about quality of service. But yet the manager showed no concern about whether or not I knew what I was doing. What if mail had to be taken back because I could not find where it was supposed to go? That not quality of service.

Quality of service... they don't give a fcuk about quality of service, well around are way anyway...else they wouldn't keep putting any tom,dick or harriet on walks they don't know.

What is the worst that can happen if I call my manager a c*** to his face?
...could end in :cry
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: Is this acceptable?

Post by pinstripe »

Is "double lapsing" like "double, secret probation"?
villan
Posts: 79
Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: Is this acceptable?

Post by villan »

I'm surprised no-one could spare five minutes or so for you on a Tuesday. I know Worktime Learning is usually done on a Tuesday which can eat up 20 mins or more, but even so ...

Rather than having a big argument with your manager you need to insist (politely if you can) that someone helps you.