ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
STORMPROOF JACKET
-
swintontillidie
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 14:14
STORMPROOF JACKET
Surely it's time something was done to provide uniform that is fit for purpose.The storm proof jacket is an absolute joke! I was soaked to the skin within ten minutes of being out on delivery this morning and this is the third time this week.The red lagoons is also very poor quality.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: STORMPROOF JACKET
Royal Mail Waterproof scientific testing threshold, baseline object.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jamesethefirst
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 17:48
- Gender: Male
Re: STORMPROOF JACKET
Is that just for absorption ?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Royal Mail Waterproof scientific testing threshold, baseline object.
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: STORMPROOF JACKET
Maybe have a word with the dom for one of these
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: STORMPROOF JACKET
More like boil in the bag
-
knackeredneedadayoff
- Posts: 342
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Re: STORMPROOF JACKET
I bought a fully waterproof red jacket with detachable fur lining for under £20, i just put the orange hi vis over it.The best bit of kit i have ever bought ,had it 3 yrs now.I also buy decent footwear and get Rm to pay me back since there footwear is sh-t. They buy equipment that is bad and probably at high prices but low quality.The clothing industry has had proper waterproofing for decades and yet they dont buy it.
-
mlw
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 21:32
- Gender: Male
Re: STORMPROOF JACKET
How do you buy your own footwear cause i agree their footwear is crap will dom allow this?knackeredneedadayoff wrote:I bought a fully waterproof red jacket with detachable fur lining for under £20, i just put the orange hi vis over it.The best bit of kit i have ever bought ,had it 3 yrs now.I also buy decent footwear and get Rm to pay me back since there footwear is sh-t. They buy equipment that is bad and probably at high prices but low quality.The clothing industry has had proper waterproofing for decades and yet they dont buy it.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: STORMPROOF JACKET
mlw wrote:How do you buy your own footwear cause i agree their footwear is crap
http://www.sportsdirect.com/mens/mens-b ... =price_asc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Thunderthighs
- Posts: 990
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: STORMPROOF JACKET
The STORMPROOF coats are around £25 used to be made in Spain, and the old ones used to say something like, "Wash maximum of 25 times.."
So, I use a mixture of mine/theirs...and it makes total sence...staying dry beats having the Corporate look, with a HI VIZ, looks the same too.
So, I use a mixture of mine/theirs...and it makes total sence...staying dry beats having the Corporate look, with a HI VIZ, looks the same too.