ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Will I get full pay
-
Lightweight andy
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Will I get full pay
Hi I was in work today and I was out on my round when I slipped down a flight of stairs in a block of flats and broke my fore arm clean break I phoned the Lino to inform him I could not carry on with my duty, as I had fallen down some stairs, I then had to wait half an hour for him to come pick me up to take me to the hospital, and as soon as he turned up he said can you take me to where this has happened so I can take some pics before I take you you up, I had the Royal Mail shoes on and the stairs was an old block of flats with the old polished concrete stairs which are dangouros when dry but we had some rain this morning which made it slippery to walk on. I would just like to know if I will get full pay as it is a work related injury. Any help please....
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get full pay
Nice of him to think that his investigation was more important than getting you to the hospital. What an utter shitbag.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get full pay
how long have you worked for royal mail?
-
Lightweight andy
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get full pay
I have worked for them for nearly 3 years now....zx135 wrote:how long have you worked for royal mail?
-
Pete22
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 16:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cook-coo land
Re: Will I get full pay
Yes is the answer but make sure an Erica report is filled in asap, also glad to hear that you had RM foot wear on as this would affect any claim that might arise from your fall.
-
Lightweight andy
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get full pay
What sort of claim can I make as I will be short on money as I did overtime to make my wages up to ft because I'm only pt.Pete22 wrote:Yes is the answer but make sure an Erica report is filled in asap, also glad to hear that you had RM foot wear on as this would affect any claim that might arise from your fall.
-
Pete22
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 16:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cook-coo land
Re: Will I get full pay
Check with the unit rep , but any claim will take months so not a short term solution also you might not be able to claim. Advise will be needed this is why everyone should be in the union !Lightweight andy wrote:What sort of claim can I make as I will be short on money as I did overtime to make my wages up to ft because I'm only pt.Pete22 wrote:Yes is the answer but make sure an Erica report is filled in asap, also glad to hear that you had RM foot wear on as this would affect any claim that might arise from your fall.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get full pay
To be fair if the investigation allows the OP to claim more money later on then it was the right thing to do.Sidley wrote:Nice of him to think that his investigation was more important than getting you to the hospital.
However I would be more inclined to phone an ambulance if I injured myself badly on duty instead of waiting for manager.
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get full pay
You will get paid whatever your contracted hours are at flat rate nothing extra.Lightweight andy wrote:What sort of claim can I make as I will be short on money as I did overtime to make my wages up to ft because I'm only pt.Pete22 wrote:Yes is the answer but make sure an Erica report is filled in asap, also glad to hear that you had RM foot wear on as this would affect any claim that might arise from your fall.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3220
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get full pay
Just in case you forget, remember that you were holding on to the bannister.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Lightweight andy
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get full pay
I would have phoned an ambulance if it wasn't for my p&l partner I would have left him stranded with nothing to do as I'm the driver and he was on his loop and I would have been carted of with the only key. Which meant him standing around while he waits for someone to come up the hospital to get keys then him having to carry on with the walk, I'm not selfish like that we all want to get finished as soon as poss.norm wrote:To be fair if the investigation allows the OP to claim more money later on then it was the right thing to do.Sidley wrote:Nice of him to think that his investigation was more important than getting you to the hospital.
However I would be more inclined to phone an ambulance if I injured myself badly on duty instead of waiting for manager.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get full pay
I wouldn't touch some of the banisters on our walks. Some of them are so sticky they'd take the skin off you're handsAcca Dacca wrote:Just in case you forget, remember that you were holding on to the bannister.
But seriously, they are a health hazard themselves sometimes.
-
maninred
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: In trouble....again
Re: Will I get full pay
Please take this as SERIOUS advice.Acca Dacca wrote:Just in case you forget, remember that you were holding on to the bannister.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3220
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Will I get full pay
That may be true but Royal Mail adopt the attitude that they are there for health and safety reasons; be held onto while walking down the stairs and failure to do so will be seen as failing to adhere to health and safety procedure and thus you are to blame.Newbie001 wrote:I wouldn't touch some of the banisters on our walks. Some of them are so sticky they'd take the skin off you're handsAcca Dacca wrote:Just in case you forget, remember that you were holding on to the bannister.![]()
But seriously, they are a health hazard themselves sometimes.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next