ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Will I get full pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lightweight andy
Posts: 36
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
Gender: Male

Will I get full pay

Post by Lightweight andy »

Hi I was in work today and I was out on my round when I slipped down a flight of stairs in a block of flats and broke my fore arm clean break I phoned the Lino to inform him I could not carry on with my duty, as I had fallen down some stairs, I then had to wait half an hour for him to come pick me up to take me to the hospital, and as soon as he turned up he said can you take me to where this has happened so I can take some pics before I take you you up, I had the Royal Mail shoes on and the stairs was an old block of flats with the old polished concrete stairs which are dangouros when dry but we had some rain this morning which made it slippery to walk on. I would just like to know if I will get full pay as it is a work related injury. Any help please....
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by Sidley »

Nice of him to think that his investigation was more important than getting you to the hospital. What an utter shitbag.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

how long have you worked for royal mail?
Lightweight andy
Posts: 36
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by Lightweight andy »

zx135 wrote:how long have you worked for royal mail?
I have worked for them for nearly 3 years now....
Pete22
Posts: 127
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 16:53
Gender: Male
Location: Cook-coo land

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by Pete22 »

Yes is the answer but make sure an Erica report is filled in asap, also glad to hear that you had RM foot wear on as this would affect any claim that might arise from your fall.
Lightweight andy
Posts: 36
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by Lightweight andy »

Pete22 wrote:Yes is the answer but make sure an Erica report is filled in asap, also glad to hear that you had RM foot wear on as this would affect any claim that might arise from your fall.
What sort of claim can I make as I will be short on money as I did overtime to make my wages up to ft because I'm only pt.
Pete22
Posts: 127
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 16:53
Gender: Male
Location: Cook-coo land

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by Pete22 »

Lightweight andy wrote:
Pete22 wrote:Yes is the answer but make sure an Erica report is filled in asap, also glad to hear that you had RM foot wear on as this would affect any claim that might arise from your fall.
What sort of claim can I make as I will be short on money as I did overtime to make my wages up to ft because I'm only pt.
Check with the unit rep , but any claim will take months so not a short term solution also you might not be able to claim. Advise will be needed this is why everyone should be in the union !
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by korky »

2 words WHATATO TALTOSSER
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by datasaint »

Sidley wrote:Nice of him to think that his investigation was more important than getting you to the hospital.
To be fair if the investigation allows the OP to claim more money later on then it was the right thing to do.

However I would be more inclined to phone an ambulance if I injured myself badly on duty instead of waiting for manager.
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by dblad »

Lightweight andy wrote:
Pete22 wrote:Yes is the answer but make sure an Erica report is filled in asap, also glad to hear that you had RM foot wear on as this would affect any claim that might arise from your fall.
What sort of claim can I make as I will be short on money as I did overtime to make my wages up to ft because I'm only pt.
You will get paid whatever your contracted hours are at flat rate nothing extra.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3220
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by Acca Dacca »

Just in case you forget, remember that you were holding on to the bannister.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Lightweight andy
Posts: 36
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by Lightweight andy »

norm wrote:
Sidley wrote:Nice of him to think that his investigation was more important than getting you to the hospital.
To be fair if the investigation allows the OP to claim more money later on then it was the right thing to do.

However I would be more inclined to phone an ambulance if I injured myself badly on duty instead of waiting for manager.
I would have phoned an ambulance if it wasn't for my p&l partner I would have left him stranded with nothing to do as I'm the driver and he was on his loop and I would have been carted of with the only key. Which meant him standing around while he waits for someone to come up the hospital to get keys then him having to carry on with the walk, I'm not selfish like that we all want to get finished as soon as poss.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by Newbie001 »

Acca Dacca wrote:Just in case you forget, remember that you were holding on to the bannister.
I wouldn't touch some of the banisters on our walks. Some of them are so sticky they'd take the skin off you're hands :chuckle
But seriously, they are a health hazard themselves sometimes.
maninred
Posts: 213
Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
Gender: Male
Location: In trouble....again

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by maninred »

Acca Dacca wrote:Just in case you forget, remember that you were holding on to the bannister.
Please take this as SERIOUS advice.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3220
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Will I get full pay

Post by Acca Dacca »

Newbie001 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:Just in case you forget, remember that you were holding on to the bannister.
I wouldn't touch some of the banisters on our walks. Some of them are so sticky they'd take the skin off you're hands :chuckle
But seriously, they are a health hazard themselves sometimes.
That may be true but Royal Mail adopt the attitude that they are there for health and safety reasons; be held onto while walking down the stairs and failure to do so will be seen as failing to adhere to health and safety procedure and thus you are to blame.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next