ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

York DO - Parking....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
PaulyQ
Posts: 20
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
Gender: Male

York DO - Parking....

Post by PaulyQ »

Is there anywhere close to the DO where I can park for free, I've volunteered to come down for the week for delivery but am looking for somewhere for my car to live during the day as I'll be commuting in.

Or ... is there a RM compound on site I can use?

Thanks in advance
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

PaulyQ wrote:Is there anywhere close to the DO where I can park for free, I've volunteered to come down for the week for delivery but am looking for somewhere for my car to live during the day as I'll be commuting in.

Or ... is there a RM compound on site I can use?

Thanks in advance
not related to your parking question but just checking do you have business insurance for your car?
PaulyQ
Posts: 20
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by PaulyQ »

yes - fully insured, class 1 business usage.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

PaulyQ wrote:Is there anywhere close to the DO where I can park for free, I've volunteered to come down for the week for delivery but am looking for somewhere for my car to live during the day as I'll be commuting in.

Or ... is there a RM compound on site I can use?

Thanks in advance

No idea if its free as I don't work there but on google earth there is plenty of parking https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Roy ... b8db6af94e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry its not free - http://www.apcoa.co.uk/carparks/york-commuter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by gary1975 »

I'm heading down there tomorow from further up north for some overtime :nana :crazy: I heard there has been a balls up of a revision.
PaulyQ
Posts: 20
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by PaulyQ »

I'm there rest of the week, best to park up at Park and Ride at Rawlings Bar (just off end of A19 into York) - £2.70, or you can park up somewhere around Jubilee Terrace and then walk along the Cycle Path. Google Map it and it's all there :)

One of the posties pointed it out to me today.

Where you coming in from Gary ?
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by gary1975 »

Newcastle some of the lads have already been down, it's my day off so I thought why not for a change and a few extra pennies :dance
theboropostie
Posts: 132
Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by theboropostie »

Get the train. The DO is opposite the station.
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by gary1975 »

Someone is driving down he is getting mileage , so I'm jumping in with him
PaulyQ
Posts: 20
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by PaulyQ »

@Boropostie....

All sorted now thanks, didn't fancy the train ... would have had to wait and change in Thornaby :Boo hoo!

Which boro postie are you? If your in boro DO I'd know you for def :wave
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by gary1975 »

My m8 just parked in the customer car park
Tuffers1875
Posts: 146
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by Tuffers1875 »

gary1975 wrote:Newcastle some of the lads have already been down, it's my day off so I thought why not for a change and a few extra pennies :dance
180 mile round trip for a bit of docket? Are you mad?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Tuffers1875 wrote:
gary1975 wrote:Newcastle some of the lads have already been down, it's my day off so I thought why not for a change and a few extra pennies :dance
180 mile round trip for a bit of docket? Are you mad?
Mileage and earning while travelling and York is pretty flat. Some really good food pubs around as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
oralexplorer2
Posts: 31
Joined: 21 Jul 2011, 16:59
Gender: Male

Re: York DO - Parking....

Post by oralexplorer2 »

Park behind the national railway museum, they have about 50 spaces behind there allocated for royal mail they never use them all just ask for the code at the callers office :wink: