ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Quiet Tuesday .
-
max power
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
yes very quiet
our Dim had a call from his boss at 7.30 this morning
telling him to do 2 more Absorptions because it was so quiet

our Dim had a call from his boss at 7.30 this morning
telling him to do 2 more Absorptions because it was so quiet
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
wont be a quiet Wednesday ?koolishy67 wrote:
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
they want to start lapsing line managers ,their work load drops off to on quiet days too or send them out splitting a walk between them.

-
thehobbit
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 12:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
unfortunatly by the time we have done extra sorting ,work time learning , and kept waiting for the last of the mail to be sorted , with the frankly ridiculous so called summer efficiency we got back just about spot on time , still at least they cant hold it against us when we cut off or book for the rest of the week
-
plymouth3
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 06 Jul 2010, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
Really busy on packets, back at 2.30.
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
3 loops of lapsing and still back early today......that's a novelty. Still brown stuff will hit the fan tomorrow - on me day off so don't care 
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
My Tuesday was not quiet.Cut off 2 loops,bulk packets have gone mad recently.
Dreading Wednesday as I don't really like to cut off,but if the workload is silly and O/T is being cut I have no option.
Dreading Wednesday as I don't really like to cut off,but if the workload is silly and O/T is being cut I have no option.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
Quiet. I was walking around checking I had not missed a few ips frames.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
Every loop one bundle. 
-
villan
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
Is there nothing RM can do about balancing the workload across the week? My DOM said no because, for example, companies like their magazines/catalogues delivered at the end of the week so that people have them fresh in their minds for Saturday shopping.
Last week I had all addresses mailshots on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. That's over 600 items extra each day. It was a real slog trying to get round in time.
Yet today, as most others have found, it was nice and light. I did two bits of absorption and still got back over 30 mins early.
Last week I had all addresses mailshots on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. That's over 600 items extra each day. It was a real slog trying to get round in time.
Yet today, as most others have found, it was nice and light. I did two bits of absorption and still got back over 30 mins early.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
What about your meal relief villan?villan wrote:Is there nothing RM can do about balancing the workload across the week? My DOM said no because, for example, companies like their magazines/catalogues delivered at the end of the week so that people have them fresh in their minds for Saturday shopping.
Last week I had all addresses mailshots on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. That's over 600 items extra each day. It was a real slog trying to get round in time.
Yet today, as most others have found, it was nice and light. I did two bits of absorption and still got back over 30 mins early.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Quiet Tuesday .
It was herecomeracing wrote:wont be a quiet Wednesday ?koolishy67 wrote:
Roll on Thursday