ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
York DO - Parking....
-
PaulyQ
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
- Gender: Male
York DO - Parking....
Is there anywhere close to the DO where I can park for free, I've volunteered to come down for the week for delivery but am looking for somewhere for my car to live during the day as I'll be commuting in.
Or ... is there a RM compound on site I can use?
Thanks in advance
Or ... is there a RM compound on site I can use?
Thanks in advance
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
not related to your parking question but just checking do you have business insurance for your car?PaulyQ wrote:Is there anywhere close to the DO where I can park for free, I've volunteered to come down for the week for delivery but am looking for somewhere for my car to live during the day as I'll be commuting in.
Or ... is there a RM compound on site I can use?
Thanks in advance
-
PaulyQ
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
yes - fully insured, class 1 business usage.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: York DO - Parking....
PaulyQ wrote:Is there anywhere close to the DO where I can park for free, I've volunteered to come down for the week for delivery but am looking for somewhere for my car to live during the day as I'll be commuting in.
Or ... is there a RM compound on site I can use?
Thanks in advance
No idea if its free as I don't work there but on google earth there is plenty of parking https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Roy ... b8db6af94e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sorry its not free - http://www.apcoa.co.uk/carparks/york-commuter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
I'm heading down there tomorow from further up north for some overtime
I heard there has been a balls up of a revision.
-
PaulyQ
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
I'm there rest of the week, best to park up at Park and Ride at Rawlings Bar (just off end of A19 into York) - £2.70, or you can park up somewhere around Jubilee Terrace and then walk along the Cycle Path. Google Map it and it's all there :)
One of the posties pointed it out to me today.
Where you coming in from Gary ?
One of the posties pointed it out to me today.
Where you coming in from Gary ?
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
Newcastle some of the lads have already been down, it's my day off so I thought why not for a change and a few extra pennies 
-
theboropostie
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
Get the train. The DO is opposite the station.
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
Someone is driving down he is getting mileage , so I'm jumping in with him
-
PaulyQ
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
@Boropostie....
All sorted now thanks, didn't fancy the train ... would have had to wait and change in Thornaby
Which boro postie are you? If your in boro DO I'd know you for def
All sorted now thanks, didn't fancy the train ... would have had to wait and change in Thornaby
Which boro postie are you? If your in boro DO I'd know you for def
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
My m8 just parked in the customer car park
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
180 mile round trip for a bit of docket? Are you mad?gary1975 wrote:Newcastle some of the lads have already been down, it's my day off so I thought why not for a change and a few extra pennies
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: York DO - Parking....
Mileage and earning while travelling and York is pretty flat. Some really good food pubs around as well.Tuffers1875 wrote:180 mile round trip for a bit of docket? Are you mad?gary1975 wrote:Newcastle some of the lads have already been down, it's my day off so I thought why not for a change and a few extra pennies
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
oralexplorer2
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 21 Jul 2011, 16:59
- Gender: Male
Re: York DO - Parking....
Park behind the national railway museum, they have about 50 spaces behind there allocated for royal mail they never use them all just ask for the code at the callers office 