ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
anyone used rowland hill
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
anyone used rowland hill
Hi I had a car accident last week which I was not at fault I was stationary and the other car reversed into me the other driver has admitted liability and I have an independent witness as well. When I reported the accident my insurance company said I wouldn't have to pay the excess but today when i spoke to them I was told I would have to pay it. Like many people the excess is quite high to kewp the premium down and I can't afford to pay it out with no idea how long it will take to have it refunded to me. I just wondered if anyone has used rowland hill before and if they think that this is a suitable circumstance to try to use them. Any help gratefully accepted.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: anyone used rowland hill
first off I'd check that the other person did accept liability straight away to their insurers because you shouldn't really be paying it unless there is some doubt.
I tried ( and failed ) with a grant last year to help with funeral costs,
it depends on what for and it's means tested too, i had to send in bank statements/wage slips, and took a few weeks to get a decision.
I tried ( and failed ) with a grant last year to help with funeral costs,
it depends on what for and it's means tested too, i had to send in bank statements/wage slips, and took a few weeks to get a decision.
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: anyone used rowland hill
He has accepted it but I still have to pay the excess and claim it back but if its going to take a while I think I will get my partner to get a sub from work. Thanks
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: anyone used rowland hill
strange that they still want your excess if the other party as admitted liability, I'd bell your insurers,kirstyx wrote:He has accepted it but I still have to pay the excess and claim it back but if its going to take a while I think I will get my partner to get a sub from work. Thanks
as for RH, not sure they could help with a grant, as its not really what you want, its a loan as you will recover the excess later, if you've a credit card you could pay it on that and claim it back with the interest charges, or try commsave, they're pretty quick
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: anyone used rowland hill
CWU Road Traffic Accident Helpline (known previously as Road Assist Scheme) - 0800 804 6674
The CWU Road Traffic Accident Helpline Scheme provides free legal cover that works independently, but alongside your motor insurance policy. It covers you (CWU member) and your immediate family who are involved in road traffic accidents whilst off duty. Any members wishing to use this service can call the Freephone number: 0800 804 6674 quoting "CWU Road Traffic Accident Helpline".
The CWU Road Traffic Accident Helpline Scheme provides free legal cover that works independently, but alongside your motor insurance policy. It covers you (CWU member) and your immediate family who are involved in road traffic accidents whilst off duty. Any members wishing to use this service can call the Freephone number: 0800 804 6674 quoting "CWU Road Traffic Accident Helpline".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: anyone used rowland hill
Thanks for that trueblue, I finally got it all sorted yesterday the other parties insurance comfirmed liability so my excess has been waived I just cant understand why it was so hard to get sorted out considering that he was at fault. But neber mind all done now and I get my car back unfortunately I forgot to ask when I get it back lol so another phone call to make later
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: anyone used rowland hill
If you don't get it back immediately ask about courtesy car on the other parties insurance.kirstyx wrote:Thanks for that trueblue, I finally got it all sorted yesterday the other parties insurance comfirmed liability so my excess has been waived I just cant understand why it was so hard to get sorted out considering that he was at fault. But neber mind all done now and I get my car back unfortunately I forgot to ask when I get it back lol so another phone call to make later
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.