ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

has the Sunday delivery started?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
enzio
Posts: 379
Joined: 06 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Male

has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by enzio »

just wonder if it has started ? and hows it going ?
wonder if we all be working Sundays soon :crazy:
philsdeals19
Posts: 62
Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
Gender: Male

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by philsdeals19 »

Who cares? Who in their right mind wants to work Sundays. So much for more time with your family.
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by Nigel1505 »

Put my name down I'll work one in 52.
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by Gold Fox »

Sunday delivery will NEVER start. ( many many years ago only during christmas time .. and that was one or two sundays ).
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12178
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

I think it'll happen whether we like it or not, as more and more of the competition start to offer Sunday deliver, RM will have no choice but to introduce Sunday delivery, either that or looks loads of traffic to the competition.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by Martin Walsh »

Not due to Start till September. National negotiations are still ongoing.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by Darren Bent »

That would be lot of conflicts waiting to happens and I bet management is not looking forward to this.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

I saw a Parcelforce van delivering in Watford on Sunday. :shock:
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by Chelseablue »

People will jump at the chance , we've tons of ppl working there day off every week in our office . Yet, finishing before there time every day just now. What a waste of money
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by comeracing »

I hate working Saturday ( now busier than ever) never mind sundays
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by dblad »

I have been told CWU are asking for £16 an hour for us to work Sundays and RM say it's too much, whether it's true or not I don't know.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by Martin Walsh »

The trial only has 100 slots involving the M25 offices.
Tuffers1875
Posts: 146
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by Tuffers1875 »

dblad wrote:I have been told CWU are asking for £16 an hour for us to work Sundays and RM say it's too much, whether it's true or not I don't know.
Haha £16 an hour. I go to church on Sundays, so I'm exempt on religious grounds :pray
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by Chelseablue »

I have one of those life things. You're a long time dead , so my free times my time.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12178
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: has the Sunday delivery started?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

dblad wrote:I have been told CWU are asking for £16 an hour for us to work Sundays and RM say it's too much, whether it's true or not I don't know.
RM will probably employ people to do deliveries on say Sat, Sun, Mon, probably at normal pay rate