ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA's
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
PDA's
At the risk of actually saying who I am, or where I work, I'm posting this on here as I've been asked by a few posties in my DO where I got this from.
It's from a friend who works for a large reputable courier company and they've moved over to a new PDA that uses a different pouch that's slimmer and can also take a spare battery too. He gave it to me as they don't use these anymore. Does anyone have anything similar to make it easier when on delivery? I've been using it for the past few months and the DIM in our office asked where I got it, so I told them. They said they'd enquire "upstairs" about this type of PDA holder but still no answer as to whether or not they'll get them in for the DO.
It's from a friend who works for a large reputable courier company and they've moved over to a new PDA that uses a different pouch that's slimmer and can also take a spare battery too. He gave it to me as they don't use these anymore. Does anyone have anything similar to make it easier when on delivery? I've been using it for the past few months and the DIM in our office asked where I got it, so I told them. They said they'd enquire "upstairs" about this type of PDA holder but still no answer as to whether or not they'll get them in for the DO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: PDA's
Not that I condone the above.. but where I deliver I have to get between cars and it's OK. Anyway getting between cars also depends on how slim/trim you are too and as for climbing fences? Well I don't know about that. "Field-testing" done by myself has found that it is pretty handy, keep the same pace and it is fine on your belt as the belt holder on it can use the RM belt quite comfortably. It hangs down the side and can swing a little so if you are one of these guysthat are on a "flier" when on delivery as it will move about a lot and as a result of that it''ll be no use to those that run when out on delivery lolbustedflush wrote:Only thing is when climbing over fences etc. to get done on time with all the extra work we're being burdened with, it will get in the way. Plus squeezing down gaps between cars and walls.
The PDA we use is over ten years old anyway and outdated, outmoded and full of problems. My friends company had the same type that we have at the moment and if RM use the same company for the new PDA then they'll be thinner and lighter. Also he has spare pouches for those.. assuming we don't get any pouches for them, if and when they do appear I may well be given a "gift" of one of these as they are a different design to this one.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA's
I'll look forward to getting a new style one eventually. Seems just the job. I get fed up with the useless bricks 'oink-oinking' at me because the battery is low after 1 hour, therefore exacerbating the issue by using MORE battery to oink-oink and light up at me....madness!wabbithunta wrote:Not that I condone the above.. but where I deliver I have to get between cars and it's OK. Anyway getting between cars also depends on how slim/trim you are too and as for climbing fences? Well I don't know about that. "Field-testing" done by myself has found that it is pretty handy, keep the same pace and it is fine on your belt as the belt holder on it can use the RM belt quite comfortably. It hangs down the side and can swing a little so if you are one of these guysthat are on a "flier" when on delivery as it will move about a lot and as a result of that it''ll be no use to those that run when out on delivery lolbustedflush wrote:Only thing is when climbing over fences etc. to get done on time with all the extra work we're being burdened with, it will get in the way. Plus squeezing down gaps between cars and walls.![]()
The PDA we use is over ten years old anyway and outdated, outmoded and full of problems. My friends company had the same type that we have at the moment and if RM use the same company for the new PDA then they'll be thinner and lighter. Also he has spare pouches for those.. assuming we don't get any pouches for them, if and when they do appear I may well be given a "gift" of one of these as they are a different design to this one.
It seems that the only way we'll be getting done on time soon is to employ only 'free runners' aged between 18-25 as posties, so I hope the new PDA and holder will stand up to the running, vaulting, climbing and leaping....
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Re: PDA's
i think they said within the next year can't remember where i saw it nowIndy wrote:Roughly when?apple wrote:PDA s are due to be replaced with new ones anyway
Have a huge problem with the PDA ringing out etc when its in a pocket as the screen lock sucks
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: PDA's
Go and work for ye mates company thenwabbithunta wrote:At the risk of actually saying who I am, or where I work, I'm posting this on here as I've been asked by a few posties in my DO where I got this from.
It's from a friend who works for a large reputable courier company and they've moved over to a new PDA that uses a different pouch that's slimmer and can also take a spare battery too. He gave it to me as they don't use these anymore. Does anyone have anything similar to make it easier when on delivery? I've been using it for the past few months and the DIM in our office asked where I got it, so I told them. They said they'd enquire "upstairs" about this type of PDA holder but still no answer as to whether or not they'll get them in for the DO.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: PDA's
Some guys have a holster for the brick pda. Does not look as good as the one in the pic though.
Personally I would just like something that can achieve 4 hours without crashing and requiring a re-boot.
Personally I would just like something that can achieve 4 hours without crashing and requiring a re-boot.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........