Well as the title says I havent been paid for 2 weeks and cant seem to find any help so thought I would try on here.
Ok here's the situation. My wife gave birth to our daughter 3 weeks ago and so the issue of paternity came up. Because I havent been with the company long enough (November 2013) I wasnt entitled to any paternity leave from the company. After speakin to my management team about it they agreed that I could use holidays to have time off once baby was born. I managed to swap a holiday which started 2 days before the due date however she was nearly 2 weeks overdue and so I was told that I could hold this holiday back and start it from the day the baby was born. I was also told I could bring a holiday forward from later on in the year so I would have 2 weeks off. Anyways after the first week I got my pay slip and was paid 0.00 to which I spoke to my manager about and was told to ring HR. I was told by HR that there is no payroll department that I could speak to however they gave me an email address (angardpayroll.queries@reedglobal.com). After a few emails and the mention of holidays I was then given another email address (angard.holiday@reedglobal.com) to which I was told that they could not help me as I was a direct employee of royal mail and not an employee of angard. I spoke to my manager about it and they said they would look into it. I heard nothing back and so expected to recieve my payslip today and see that the pay had been backdated however again the payslip for this week says 0.00 !!! So thats the second week tomorrow where I wont recieve any pay and as u can imagine with a new baby here money is a bit of neccessity at the minute.
At the bottom of this payslip under adjustments to net pay it says "claim from previous period" and amount -208.09 ... does anyone know what this means??
I rang HR again as soon as I got in from work and again was told that there was no payroll department that I coild speak to only an email address again to which I told her that I wanted to speak to someone properly about it as the email addresses got me nowhere last week to which she replied there was nothing she could do and couldnt help me in anyway!
Does anybody know who the bloody hell we speak to about issues regarding payroll and have any advice as to what I do next as im lost with all this!
Thanks
Daz
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
2nd week in a row that I havent been paid!
-
Daz_King
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 19 Nov 2013, 18:39
- Gender: Male
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: 2nd week in a row that I havent been paid!
Ask other posties who is local union rep, and ask to speak to him/her. He/She will help you.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: 2nd week in a row that I havent been paid!
-
Daz_King
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 19 Nov 2013, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: 2nd week in a row that I havent been paid!
Thanks for the replies. I spoke to my managers when I went in this morning and they sed they would make some enquiries and eventually they managed to sort it. There was a mix up between paternity and holidays but they have managed to put it straight. I have to wait until next friday and get 3 weeks worth of pay but at least I will be getting whats owed to me. Doesnt help with the the rent that was due 3 days ago tho! Still cant get over how by ringing HR its not possible to speak to anyone regarding payroll tho!