ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32787
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/nation ... s-oswestry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image


Six members of the team at Oswestry delivery office in Shropshire have been recognised for their performance and outstanding achievements during 2013/14.

Stuart Evans, Neil Griffiths, Andrew Dibnah, Jon Bowie, Andrew Thomas and John Nancini all received shopping vouchers, champagne and a certificate for their achievement.

They had no road traffic collisions, no accidents on duty, no sick absence and no customer complaints against their delivery duties.

Mark Robinson, delivery office manager, says: ‘We wanted to do something different to recognise the fantastic efforts of colleagues last year.

‘They made a brilliant contribution to the business and this recognition was both the businesses’ and the local managers’ way of saying thank you.’
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by Hitcher »

Jobsworths. :wink:
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by wabbithunta »

I hope that they'll be taking those bottles of drink home. RM allowing the drinking of alcohol on the premises? :crazy: :crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
celerycelery
Posts: 675
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by celerycelery »

The biggest grin is the manager whose got a huge wacking bonus last month thanks to this lot. But remember if you do mess up they wont look back at this and let you keep your job.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by krussel »

Well I say well done and good luck to them :Applause

Least they got something :Very Happy

Oh they forgot the BIG :thumbup
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by apple »

my question would be how many staff are in the DO? 6 people out of how many then that surely would give a better example
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by holly123 »

160000 IN THAT OFFICE :Applause
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by wacko74 »

In 14 years doing the job I estimate that overall I've had 10 of them years where I've also had no accidents, complaints or sickness... have I got 10 bottles of back dated champagne heading my way??
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by monkeymutha »

People punished for being sick? Disgusted.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by Brain Fury »

monkeymutha wrote:People punished for being sick? Disgusted.
Who has been punished?
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by wabbithunta »

Brain Fury wrote:
monkeymutha wrote:People punished for being sick? Disgusted.
Who has been punished?
Maybe they've been "punished" by not getting a mention or any pics/bubbly? lol :crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
jack
Posts: 299
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by jack »

wacko74 wrote:In 14 years doing the job I estimate that overall I've had 10 of them years where I've also had no accidents, complaints or sickness... have I got 10 bottles of back dated champagne heading my way??
Have a blue peter badge instead :chuckle

Image
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Bit of a rip off really - we used to have a chance of getting a car. :wink:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by monkeymutha »

Brain Fury wrote:
monkeymutha wrote:People punished for being sick? Disgusted.
Who has been punished?
Yes I've been punished for being sick as didn't get anything, also punished for getting bitten for em. These people should hand it all back, refuse to accept it.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Outstanding achievements at Oswestry DO

Post by wabbithunta »

jack wrote:
wacko74 wrote:In 14 years doing the job I estimate that overall I've had 10 of them years where I've also had no accidents, complaints or sickness... have I got 10 bottles of back dated champagne heading my way??
Have a blue peter badge instead :chuckle

Image
I had two of those years ago when I was a kid and they were white with a blue ship on it. Dunno if they do them now, do they?
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"