ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Wednesdays
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Wednesdays
Why Wednesdays is usually the worse day of week to work.
I mean Tuesday is too quiet and Wednesday is too busy and it is very hard day to work.
Loads of post (probably printed in weekend and collected on Monday for delivery on Wednesdays plus lot of parcels)
How can we make Wednesday easier to work.
I mean Tuesday is too quiet and Wednesday is too busy and it is very hard day to work.
Loads of post (probably printed in weekend and collected on Monday for delivery on Wednesdays plus lot of parcels)
How can we make Wednesday easier to work.
-
framusjsx
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Wednesdays
Apparently its been that way for years, but I agree it's quite ridiculous.
Today I barely got finished, I was off yesterday but everyone said it was a piece of cake. finished well before time etc
Today I barely got finished, I was off yesterday but everyone said it was a piece of cake. finished well before time etc
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Wednesdays
Weds and thurs are now really heavy with parcels and packets. I tend to deliver a few more d2d on tue to the heavier parts of my walk to try to balance it.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Wednesdays
That's a good idea, but as my round is really tight for time I often finish on time on Tuesday and go over on others considerably! Extracting the docket can be tiresome.krussel wrote:Weds and thurs are now really heavy with parcels and packets. I tend to deliver a few more d2d on tue to the heavier parts of my walk to try to balance it.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Wednesdays
Tuesdays quiet ! me and my mate get shafted on pkts and parcels 2.45 this week 45 mins o/t each . Wednesday 3.00 without collapse , we will be lucky to finish on time for the rest of the week without extra. its like this every week.Darren Bent wrote:Why Wednesdays is usually the worse day of week to work.
I mean Tuesday is too quiet and Wednesday is too busy and it is very hard day to work.
Loads of post (probably printed in weekend and collected on Monday for delivery on Wednesdays plus lot of parcels)
How can we make Wednesday easier to work.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Wednesdays
tuesdays are getting really busy in our officeworktotime wrote:Tuesdays quiet ! me and my mate get shafted on pkts and parcels 2.45 this week 45 mins o/t each . Wednesday 3.00 without collapse , we will be lucky to finish on time for the rest of the week without extra. its like this every week.Darren Bent wrote:Why Wednesdays is usually the worse day of week to work.
I mean Tuesday is too quiet and Wednesday is too busy and it is very hard day to work.
Loads of post (probably printed in weekend and collected on Monday for delivery on Wednesdays plus lot of parcels)
How can we make Wednesday easier to work.
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Wednesdays
I think they are heading to drop Tuesday delivery, they will never go to monday to friday , it will be Mon wed thur Fri sat then no need for day off cover

-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Wednesdays
Darren Bent wrote:Why Wednesdays is usually the worse day of week to work.
I mean Tuesday is too quiet and Wednesday is too busy and it is very hard day to work.
Loads of post (probably printed in weekend and collected on Monday for delivery on Wednesdays plus lot of parcels)
How can we make Wednesday easier to work.
I think it's about time Royal Mail stop delivering D2D and just deliver letters and parcels
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Wednesdays
Why can't Royal Mail make the work equal through the week and get rid of D2D
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Wednesdays
Because RM have to deliver the mail when it's available, not as and when they choose(only TNT have that luxury )d2d are one of RMs largest profit streams so they won't get rid of them.
-
Poshpost
- Posts: 87
- Joined: 09 Aug 2007, 17:41
Re: Wednesdays
TNT also deliver door to door items, two of the three I delivered last week were from TNT and one of two this week are TNT.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Wednesdays
if you had ever seen the labels on d2d boxes b4 they have been tnt`s stuff for years,,,,,i know there a t++t of a thing to prep and deliver but at the moments with competition were we are and decreasing summer mail in a funny way bring more on.....and I know after they stopped paying us for them that it can be pretty lucrative for rm
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Wednesdays
Some weeks I think it is pointless going out on Tuesdays, this week was ridiculously easy. But, I've noticed it's always the far flung corners that have mail 
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Wednesdays
Think we will be working Tuesday to Saturday eventually but that is another topic.