ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
E.bay and stamp mail
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
E.bay and stamp mail
Amazon and many more are delivering their mail, TNT is here, will the Royal Mail survive on E.bay packets and stamps mail? If it does ... then how long far ?
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: E.bay and stamp mail
RM will survive, but have less staff....
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: E.bay and stamp mail
Tear up our contracts, scrap the USO and introduce regional pricing - Moya and the shareholders are working on it, don't worry 
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: E.bay and stamp mail
On walking to work this morning , I passed 3 different private cars full of packets , probably hermes deliverers, great service , good for them getting them out when people are in, these packets we did 2 years ago so that's a lot of lost revenue for rm.
When you tell watch&win they don't seem to be interested.
When you tell watch&win they don't seem to be interested.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: E.bay and stamp mail
Future will probably be automated parcel lockers open 24/7. RM will still handle smallish packets.
-
philsdeals19
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Re: E.bay and stamp mail
Why would I go back to Royal Mail? I get all my packets delivered when I open now just after 7am and it's cheaper. I had a few parcels sent by clients the other day by Royal Mail and they arrived at 2.45 pm. It was our half day so a nice 3 mile trip and big queue to collect. TNT is the future and Royal Mail are doing nothing about it.
My TNT man tells me they want to be delivering all their own letters by 2018.
Goodbye Royal Mail. It was good while it lasted but your too expensive and deliver too late.
My TNT man tells me they want to be delivering all their own letters by 2018.
Goodbye Royal Mail. It was good while it lasted but your too expensive and deliver too late.
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: E.bay and stamp mail
philsdeals19 wrote:Why would I go back to Royal Mail? I get all my packets delivered when I open now just after 7am and it's cheaper. I had a few parcels sent by clients the other day by Royal Mail and they arrived at 2.45 pm. It was our half day so a nice 3 mile trip and big queue to collect. TNT is the future and Royal Mail are doing nothing about it.
My TNT man tells me they want to be delivering all their own letters by 2018.
Goodbye Royal Mail. It was good while it lasted but your too expensive and deliver too late.
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: E.bay and stamp mail
Haven't read anything that funny in ages, you really should be on the stage.philsdeals19 wrote:Why would I go back to Royal Mail? I get all my packets delivered when I open now just after 7am and it's cheaper. I had a few parcels sent by clients the other day by Royal Mail and they arrived at 2.45 pm. It was our half day so a nice 3 mile trip and big queue to collect. TNT is the future and Royal Mail are doing nothing about it.
My TNT man tells me they want to be delivering all their own letters by 2018.
Goodbye Royal Mail. It was good while it lasted but your too expensive and deliver too late.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: E.bay and stamp mail
When you open ? Did that back injury you have a Xmas flare up again so you couldn't do your delivery ? http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 68#p646168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;philsdeals19 wrote:Why would I go back to Royal Mail? I get all my packets delivered when I open now just after 7am and it's cheaper.
Asking for a review, publicising the dangers of E2E delivery combined with the USO, lowering the prices for bulk. Yeah you are right they are doing nothing. But you may be right that their focus is wrong and should be on the receiver to some degree. After all if we can help keep our customers' customer happy they'll have happier people more willing to order from their websites and more willing to give us more work.philsdeals19 wrote: I had a few parcels sent by clients the other day by Royal Mail and they arrived at 2.45 pm. It was our half day so a nice 3 mile trip and big queue to collect. TNT is the future and Royal Mail are doing nothing about it.
Not quite. They want to be delivering the bulk of their letters to the majority of the population in urban areas. Where the profit is and where all of the cross-subsidies that support the rural area is generated.philsdeals19 wrote:My TNT man tells me they want to be delivering all their own letters by 2018.
Yes IMHO we do deliver too late, however the expensive side is covered by the USO, here's hoping that your business, that opens at 7am now that you have left Royal Mail is within one of the large conurbations otherwise the price will increase when the USO fails or when the burden of it is spread to other carriers.philsdeals19 wrote:Goodbye Royal Mail. It was good while it lasted but your too expensive and deliver too late.
Or perhaps in the worst case deliveries are removed entirely, but then that couldn't happen in a 1st World Country in Europe could it http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 23#p655023" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
philsdeals19
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
- Gender: Male
Re: E.bay and stamp mail
Yes had to leave after 30 years sad day and frightening at the time but now it was a blessing in disguise. I saw lots of changes not for the better.