ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How many miles?
-
Anintruder
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 14:25
- Gender: Male
How many miles?
How many miles is your round, mine is 12.5 miles
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles?
1552 miles long...and my lapsing adds an extra 178 miles too....still get done on time...
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles?
Don't care how long as I cut off at 13.55PM
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: How many miles?
You must have the same pedometer as me.postypie wrote:1552 miles long...and my lapsing adds an extra 178 miles too....still get done on time...
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles?
Mine is about 26000 miles. As Royal Mail can ask me to go anywhere, I am guessing that a quick circumference of the earth is about the farthest they can send me.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How many miles?
From start to finish 242767.55 miles based on the Heliocentric method of calculating distances
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles?
Depends who is asking 
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles?
PEDO METERclashcityrocker wrote:You must have the same pedometer as me.postypie wrote:1552 miles long...and my lapsing adds an extra 178 miles too....still get done on time...
Isn't that what Jimmy Saville used to keep count.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles?
With all the stairs we have on most of our walks, I'm sure we do a lot less mileage than most. But would people prefer stairs or extra mileage. I know what I'd prefer.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles?
8 hilly miles on foot, with a HCT.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles?
Stairs, do you in on the way up and again on the way down. Had a street the other day every house had a good 35 steps to the front door. You see it mostly on 70s build houses, no common sense back then just slap concrete anywhere & everywhere.Newbie001 wrote:With all the stairs we have on most of our walks, I'm sure we do a lot less mileage than most. But would people prefer stairs or extra mileage. I know what I'd prefer.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles?
a mere 19,630 cubits.

-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles?
So approx 27000feet. No wonder the buggers are aching at the end of the walk.greengiant wrote:a mere 19,630 cubits.![]()
-
mailman71
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03
Re: How many miles?
Started delivering to mr Scotland and finished at mr brazil so probably 15,000 miles.