Ive been with the RM for about a few months now and im still trying to work out how the holiday entitlement works with different contracts.!!
Ok I get 22.5 days a year. My contract is 25hrs and in our office the amount of days you work a week depends on the hours you work although I have been told on here it shouldnt really work like that.
For example 23.24hrs is over 3 days a week, 25hrs is over 4 days and anything over that is over 5 days.
So, when if I want to take a full week off I only need to put in 4 days of my entitlement which gives me in one calender year 5 and a half weeks off a year. This is how it has been working for me so far and this is what the office are doing. My quiery is if other offices work differently for example Joe Bloggs has the same 25hr contract as me but he works 5 days a week then he will need to put in 5 days of his entitlement to take a week off only giving him 4 and a half weeks a year time off.
Is there a grey area on this?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Questions and understanding of holiday entitlements
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Questions and understanding of holiday entitlements
22.5 days is based on working 5 days a week. If you are contracted to work 4 days a week then you're entitlement will be pro-rate (not sure the exact figures). Basically everyone is entitled to 4 and half weeks.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Questions and understanding of holiday entitlements
But ive already put in 5 weeks holiday for 2014/15 . Its taken 20 days off my allowance and I have 2.5 days left. Every week that has been booked has taken 4 days off. I have my holiday sheet here.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Questions and understanding of holiday entitlements
Think you're on a five day a week contract the same as me. The office is choosing for you to work longer for 4 days and giving you an extra day off.
Not sure if they are allowed to do this or not. But If you want a week off you still have to book 5 days. No one gets more than 4 and a half weeks unless they've been here a few years.
Not sure if they are allowed to do this or not. But If you want a week off you still have to book 5 days. No one gets more than 4 and a half weeks unless they've been here a few years.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Questions and understanding of holiday entitlements
I understand.
Now there is something im gonna say is gonna confuse you,it does me.
When I started I was on 23.24 over three days (the website application said it was over 3 days) but after 6 weeks they told me they were putting up to 25hrs over 5 which later I was told was over 4 days. Now to me working 23.24hrs over 3 is a damn site better than 25 over 4 or 5 cos id only be £15 better off a week and would have to come into work extra days for it.
Now here is the confusing bit. I came off my 25hr temp and was made permanent. The contract I signed was 23.24 which but my wage slips still have my basic hours at 25. I brought this up with my Dom and he told me to sign it anyway which I wanted to do anyway but im still rotared for 4 and 5 days a week. Shouldnt I officially now be back on 3 days seeing ive just signed a 23.24 hr contract?
Nothing seems clear. In a nutshell :- 23.24hr contract, payslip at basic @ 25hrs and I only need to lose 4 days holiday entitlement if I want a week off.
Now there is something im gonna say is gonna confuse you,it does me.
When I started I was on 23.24 over three days (the website application said it was over 3 days) but after 6 weeks they told me they were putting up to 25hrs over 5 which later I was told was over 4 days. Now to me working 23.24hrs over 3 is a damn site better than 25 over 4 or 5 cos id only be £15 better off a week and would have to come into work extra days for it.
Now here is the confusing bit. I came off my 25hr temp and was made permanent. The contract I signed was 23.24 which but my wage slips still have my basic hours at 25. I brought this up with my Dom and he told me to sign it anyway which I wanted to do anyway but im still rotared for 4 and 5 days a week. Shouldnt I officially now be back on 3 days seeing ive just signed a 23.24 hr contract?
Nothing seems clear. In a nutshell :- 23.24hr contract, payslip at basic @ 25hrs and I only need to lose 4 days holiday entitlement if I want a week off.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Questions and understanding of holiday entitlements
This should be in the union section as you need a rep for advice.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Questions and understanding of holiday entitlements
Very confusing.k979aaa wrote:This should be in the union section as you need a rep for advice.
So if you're on holiday, or sick, how much would you get paid for each day or how many days are credited.
I think previous poster is right, you should get some advice from you're rep.