ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ordering off dimensions website

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jason1984
Posts: 21
Joined: 14 Oct 2013, 20:05
Gender: Male

ordering off dimensions website

Post by jason1984 »

How do you log on to the dimensions website again?im sure your payroll number is part of it,whats the other log in detail? Cheers for any help!
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by clashcityrocker »

Password is Delivery.

You then get the option to personalise your password.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by wabbithunta »

That site is cocked up.. I changed my password and it wouldn't/didn't recognise it. I got locked out and had to call them to change it.. again! That's happened twice to me now, and I used the correct password each time too.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by datasaint »

When I've ordered extra items with an explicit reason as to why I need it and given managers name they still cancel it. Whole concept seems a bit pointless.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by Kings Norton »

norm wrote:When I've ordered extra items with an explicit reason as to why I need it and given managers name they still cancel it. Whole concept seems a bit pointless.
Their office bonus springs to mind they cancel quite a lot of orders...
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32793
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2014/0 ... ng-uniform" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you need to order replacement uniform you can do so online, by using the Dimensions website...
https://duos.dimensionscorporatewear.co ... sCookies=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also click here to view a guide explaining how to use the system...
http://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defaul ... 20User.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That was part of the advice given to the partner of postman Tony Grainger who recently wrote to Courier asking why postmen and women could only have one pair of shorts but ‘numerous’ pairs of trousers.

Online ordering

Julie Brown, uniform and print supply manager, explained that each postman or woman can have three pairs of bottoms and it is up to their preference how many trousers and shorts make up that number.

Julie added: ‘When and if a piece of uniform becomes unwearable, colleagues can order replacements through the online ordering system.’

Click here to access the Dimensions system if you would like to order uniform online...
https://duos.dimensionscorporatewear.co ... sCookies=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by NewPostieUK »

POSTMAN wrote: That was part of the advice given to the partner of postman Tony Grainger who recently wrote to Courier asking why postmen and women could only have one pair of shorts but ‘numerous’ pairs of trousers.

Online ordering

Julie Brown, uniform and print supply manager, explained that each postman or woman can have three pairs of bottoms and it is up to their preference how many trousers and shorts make up that number.
So if I order three pairs of shorts for the summer, I just bet that I have a problem in September getting some trousers.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by clashcityrocker »

norm wrote:When I've ordered extra items with an explicit reason as to why I need it and given managers name they still cancel it. Whole concept seems a bit pointless.
It isn't up to your office manager.
The uniform supply people are the ones who decide what you can and can't have.
Your DOM can't cancel anything.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by Kings Norton »

clashcityrocker wrote:
norm wrote:When I've ordered extra items with an explicit reason as to why I need it and given managers name they still cancel it. Whole concept seems a bit pointless.
It isn't up to your office manager.
The uniform supply people are the ones who decide what you can and can't have.
Your DOM can't cancel anything.
I had some shirts cancelled a few months a ago this was the message I got - An order you have placed has been cancelled by your authoriser.
The authoriser is your DOM.....
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by clashcityrocker »

Kings Norton wrote: I had some shirts cancelled a few months a ago this was the message I got - An order you have placed has been cancelled by your authoriser.
The authoriser is your DOM.....
As I understand it the authorisation (or not) comes from a uniforms manager.
If your DOM cancelled the order did he explain why when you asked?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by krussel »

I think they may be low on shorts.

Ordered 2 pair of trousers and 1 shorts. Trousers turned up but shorts still showing "pending" :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by wabbithunta »

A guy in my office ordered those new trainers (YDS?) and got sent a pair of Magnum boots instead!
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Dwillgaf
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Dec 2013, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by Dwillgaf »

Hi,

Trying to log on to the dimensions website for the first time with no luck.

My manager told me that for user name enter my pay number and for the password enter Delivery.

Is this correct ?

Thanks.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Dwillgaf wrote:Hi,

Trying to log on to the dimensions website for the first time with no luck.

My manager told me that for user name enter my pay number and for the password enter Delivery.

Is this correct ?

Thanks.
yes

but only your pay number not the unit part - and no . after Delivery
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dwillgaf
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Dec 2013, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: ordering off dimensions website

Post by Dwillgaf »

The Dimensions website still will not let me log on.