ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

B.S.I

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

B.S.I

Post by DB1100 »

I'm currently in a bit of a dispute with management,our BSI is set at 100,is this normal are all offices set at this? any figures that your office is set at,don't give me any details that can identify your office tho,they are telling me that our performance is terrible so I would like to know what other offices are working at please.
For we were soldiers once,and young
lollollol
Posts: 155
Joined: 27 Sep 2011, 19:24
Gender: Male

Re: B.S.I

Post by lollollol »

I believe our BSI is set at 88, with the aim of reaching 100 in due course... :arrrghhh
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: B.S.I

Post by krussel »

Running at 100 is almost but impossible. We are supposed to run at 96 but in truth we are more like mid 80's at best.

If you want to up it then just take a couple of bods off the ips in the morning.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: B.S.I

Post by DB1100 »

Ours was set at 100 when me first went on to P&L and we fail most weeks,maybe getting mid 70's,all I get off management is "well it's the same for the whole of Royal Mail"
For we were soldiers once,and young
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: B.S.I

Post by fishtank »

Planning to fail, It's the Royal Mail way.
I doubt many offices legitimately reach their planned performance level consistantly but it looks good on paper and it gives them something to blame us for.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: B.S.I

Post by Martin Walsh »

Royal Mail are moving away from both ep and BSI as of com don't accept accept a measurement system which only measure between 35 and 40% of a delivery productivity as it only measures the indoor . Geo route is also really a snap shot in time.

Royal Mail have convinced Ofcom to move away from price compassion but only based on another efficiency measure at the moment they are using items per work hour. This is not yet an agreed. Measure but everything they have submitted to Ofcom in their submission.
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: B.S.I

Post by RTP »

dingo wrote:Royal Mail are moving away from both ep and BSI as of com don't accept accept a measurement system which only measure between 35 and 40% of a delivery productivity as it only measures the indoor . Geo route is also really a snap shot in time.

Royal Mail have convinced Ofcom to move away from price compassion but only based on another efficiency measure at the moment they are using items per work hour. This is not yet an agreed. Measure but everything they have submitted to Ofcom in their submission.
Do ofcom accept DTN takes more time?

oh wait..........
hans solo
Posts: 3280
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: B.S.I

Post by hans solo »

dingo wrote:Royal Mail are moving away from both ep and BSI as of com don't accept accept a measurement system which only measure between 35 and 40% of a delivery productivity as it only measures the indoor . Geo route is also really a snap shot in time.

Royal Mail have convinced Ofcom to move away from price compassion but only based on another efficiency measure at the moment they are using items per work hour. This is not yet an agreed. Measure but everything they have submitted to Ofcom in their submission.
so what is the cwu stance on ep bsi geo route as everything is the bible to mgmt in our office
even as performance test and issues
rem cwu ratified all these methods with their wonderful joint statements with rm
and as we enter the week where management get rewarded with bonuses based on savings and work done by opg,s where is our AGREED bonus incentive scheme as per april
hans solo
Posts: 3280
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: B.S.I

Post by hans solo »

DB1100 wrote:I'm currently in a bit of a dispute with management,our BSI is set at 100,is this normal are all offices set at this? any figures that your office is set at,don't give me any details that can identify your office tho,they are telling me that our performance is terrible so I would like to know what other offices are working at please.
keep your bsi as low as poss
f**k up mgmt bonuses they receive but you dont
do not believe their manipulated facts and figs take everything to disagreement
osgoody1970
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 360
Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: B.S.I

Post by osgoody1970 »

well, we were set at 109 BSI, HOW THE HELL THAT WORKS IS BEYOND ME!!!!
hans solo
Posts: 3280
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: B.S.I

Post by hans solo »

were over 100 as well joke
i just go at my own pace and mock their figures
absolute disgrace from cwu to endorse all their shite
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: B.S.I

Post by DB1100 »

osgoody1970 wrote:well, we were set at 109 BSI, HOW THE HELL THAT WORKS IS BEYOND ME!!!!
I keep getting told of 1 office set at 115 BSI,
For we were soldiers once,and young
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: B.S.I

Post by k979aaa »

Bull s**t Index you flex and they ram it home! :mad :mad :mad
jimmy c
Posts: 27
Joined: 01 May 2010, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: B.S.I

Post by jimmy c »

after weeks of arguing over our bsi we set it at 92....but knowing that when a revision comes in it takes a massive dip and takes time to come up.. you then aim to increase a point at a time....
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: B.S.I

Post by Martin Walsh »

is it hardly surprising that we have yet to agree an incentive scheme when of com are demanding more efficiency in Royal Mail before they act as a result of TNT and of com are saying to Royal Mail why are you asking for a review when you have given staff an above inflation pay rise for 3 years , when Royal Mail made an operating profit and when Royal Mail have guaranteed a dividend guarantee on the share price? Against that backdrop Royal Mail are reluctant to agree a bonus and the union will not agree to a bonus scheme without a share of any savings so at the moment there is a bit of a stale mate on anew bonus scheme given the pressure from of com.