ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
i am totally disgusted.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
i am totally disgusted.
today I rang in sick for 3 days,yesterday I suffrered a bite of a german shepherd,most of today iv spent in next door but ones garden feet up relaxing,im still quite sore in my groin area,i walk in my front door to find a note from our stand in dom,asking me to contact him,i did this immediately,he said his area manager is going nuts pardon the expression, about me being off,ive been ordered to come in the next 2 days sorting after coming to an arrangement I said I would work 0600-1030.i have already agreed to do this but I do feel cheated ,royal mail management don't give a toss,i told the dom to get the area manager to contact me in person,so I could tell him a few home truths,but theres more chance of costa rica winning the world cup.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: i am totally disgusted.
In what way have you been 'ordered'?comeracing wrote:today I rang in sick for 3 days,yesterday I suffrered a bite of a german shepherd,most of today iv spent in next door but ones garden feet up relaxing,im still quite sore in my groin area,i walk in my front door to find a note from our stand in dom,asking me to contact him,i did this immediately,he said his area manager is going nuts pardon the expression, about me being off,ive been ordered to come in the next 2 days sorting after coming to an arrangement I said I would work 0600-1030.i have already agreed to do this but I do feel cheated ,royal mail management don't give a toss,i told the dom to get the area manager to contact me in person,so I could tell him a few home truths,but theres more chance of costa rica winning the world cup.
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Re: i am totally disgusted.
do a 'suarez' and bite the area manager in his groin see how he likes it 
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: i am totally disgusted.
Aren't you the person who posted a thread about a dogbite?
If so I think you'll be better off linking this to the original thread, that way all the info on the posts will be together and not in separate threads.
Apart from filling out the ERICA form at work and all the usual stuff, did this get reported to the Police? If not it needs to be reported asap.
Also did you get signed off from work by your Doctor? Contact your Union Rep and speak to them as well about the situation. Don't let them force you into work if you are unable to move around OK, as getting bitten in the groin doesn't sound nice at all, let alone it being somewhat uncomfortable to say the least. I assume that you don't need a tetanus booster shot then seeing you had a shot in 2008?
Personally if this was me I wouldn't go into work for now.
If so I think you'll be better off linking this to the original thread, that way all the info on the posts will be together and not in separate threads.
Apart from filling out the ERICA form at work and all the usual stuff, did this get reported to the Police? If not it needs to be reported asap.
Also did you get signed off from work by your Doctor? Contact your Union Rep and speak to them as well about the situation. Don't let them force you into work if you are unable to move around OK, as getting bitten in the groin doesn't sound nice at all, let alone it being somewhat uncomfortable to say the least. I assume that you don't need a tetanus booster shot then seeing you had a shot in 2008?
Personally if this was me I wouldn't go into work for now.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: i am totally disgusted.
comeracing wrote:today I rang in sick for 3 days,yesterday I suffrered a bite of a german shepherd,most of today iv spent in next door but ones garden feet up relaxing,im still quite sore in my groin area,i walk in my front door to find a note from our stand in dom,asking me to contact him,i did this immediately,he said his area manager is going nuts pardon the expression, about me being off,ive been ordered to come in the next 2 days sorting after coming to an arrangement I said I would work 0600-1030.i have already agreed to do this but I do feel cheated ,royal mail management don't give a toss,i told the dom to get the area manager to contact me in person,so I could tell him a few home truths,but theres more chance of costa rica winning the world cup.
they want you in as your area has a high accident rate and dont want to trigger a riddor, dont go in unless your are fit to do so, i would recommend going to see doc and getting his opinion and a fit line if appropriate
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: i am totally disgusted.
So am I , off topic but I read a lino's ripped letter and he gets a £3000 annual bonus next friday. Why when they do very little work ...
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
pod25
- Posts: 240
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
- Gender: Male
Re: i am totally disgusted.
Get yourself a fit note, they can't touch you then.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: i am totally disgusted.
Yep your off thread buddy, I would start a new one5plusbonusball wrote:So am I , off topic but I read a lino's ripped letter and he gets a £3000 annual bonus next friday. Why when they do very little work ...
comeracing wrote:today I rang in sick for 3 days,yesterday I suffrered a bite of a german shepherd,most of today iv spent in next door but ones garden feet up relaxing,im still quite sore in my groin area,i walk in my front door to find a note from our stand in dom,asking me to contact him,i did this immediately,he said his area manager is going nuts pardon the expression, about me being off,ive been ordered to come in the next 2 days sorting after coming to an arrangement I said I would work 0600-1030.i have already agreed to do this but I do feel cheated ,royal mail management don't give a toss,i told the dom to get the area manager to contact me in person,so I could tell him a few home truths,but theres more chance of costa rica winning the world cup.
The thing you need to watch here is going back on light duties before your ready. If you go back only to go sick a second time it will count as two absence's.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: i am totally disgusted.
Go to the doctors and get a paper for a month. f**k 'em.
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: i am totally disgusted.
Reminds me of when i had my dramas with management re my knee.
Went to doc in the morning got a fit note because i knew i wouldnt be able to walk.
Idiot lino told me to start pushing the yorkies.
Told him straight i was on lights and that i had to go to the doc again as my knee wasnt up to that.
Got signed off for 2 months.
They just try it on and if you do it they have you by the short n curlies
Went to doc in the morning got a fit note because i knew i wouldnt be able to walk.
Idiot lino told me to start pushing the yorkies.
Told him straight i was on lights and that i had to go to the doc again as my knee wasnt up to that.
Got signed off for 2 months.
They just try it on and if you do it they have you by the short n curlies
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: i am totally disgusted.
@zx135, they're not even bothered about a RIDDOR, what they are trying to hide is a Lost Time Accident. They will lie about day one, which has now passed, and state that the IP attended for either a capability discussion, a reconstruction or form completion. LTA's are collated and go against an office and consequently the Area/Sector/Division.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: i am totally disgusted.
Himaggen wrote:@zx135, they're not even bothered about a RIDDOR, what they are trying to hide is a Lost Time Accident. They will lie about day one, which has now passed, and state that the IP attended for either a capability discussion, a reconstruction or form completion. LTA's are collated and go against an office and consequently the Area/Sector/Division.
Actually I am in same area as the person who posted the comment, West of Scotland area seriously trying to avoid Riddors at the moment not LTA, the number of RIDDORS is under scrutiny at the moment