ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ordering first set of uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
MJ1973
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 May 2014, 22:56
Gender: Female

Ordering first set of uniform

Post by MJ1973 »

Hi :wave

I am a new starter and I am due to order my first set of uniform early next week. Can I ask some advice on sizings please? I am female if that makes a difference!

Do the trousers/shorts come up true to size? And the shirts/polo shirts?

Also, I have (very) wide feet, is there one type of boot/trainer/shoe that is wider than the others?

Thanks :Very Happy
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering first set of uniform

Post by datasaint »

Get the polo shirts, no need to iron them. The YDS shoes are the best available.
MJ1973
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 May 2014, 22:56
Gender: Female

Re: Ordering first set of uniform

Post by MJ1973 »

Thanks Norm, I think I'll get a mix of polo shirts and shirts as the shirts look cooler for hot weather, and better for sun protection (I am very fair skinned!) Are the YDS trainers the widest then?
beezet
Posts: 93
Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering first set of uniform

Post by beezet »

Go with the shirts, as you say cooler and has somewhere to put pen, good luck :thumbup
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Ordering first set of uniform

Post by Lounge Lizard »

beezet wrote:Go with the shirts, as you say cooler and has somewhere to put pen, good luck :thumbup
- and the blue shirts don't need ironing. :nana
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering first set of uniform

Post by Anonymouse »

A few women in my office have to wear their own trousers as they complained that the sizing was way off. Especially the smaller sizes.
OscarPanda
Posts: 23
Joined: 28 Nov 2012, 14:35
Gender: Female

Re: Ordering first set of uniform

Post by OscarPanda »

I'm a size 12ish and the Small size fleece is too big (men's sizing) as is the waterproof jacket (men's sizing again). It's a hanging off the shoulders and turn up the sleeves job... The polo shirts, men's Small, fit nicely but the blue shirts (surprisingly men's sizing again) are too big and far too long. It's a shame that there aren't women's sizing in tops, or there wasn't when I joined 18 months ago.

However, I got the size 12 trousers and shorts initially and found them a bit tight, so now I've got size 14 and a belt to keep them up! I think you'll just have to order and see how they fit!!
BexyB9
Posts: 59
Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
Gender: Female

Re: Ordering first set of uniform

Post by BexyB9 »

The YDS ones are wide fitting and really comfortable.