ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What Would You Suggest

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ldsposti
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 376
Joined: 06 Nov 2008, 18:43
Gender: Male

What Would You Suggest

Post by ldsposti »

Hi all I took ill health retirement four weeks ago and not missing it one bit, While out shopping this week I was stopped by a customer of mine asking if it was true I had finished through ill health yes its true, She went on to explain that's why the mail in her area was going to the wrong addresses and arriving at all hours of the day a couple of times at 19.00 hours now after checking I found this mail was being delivered by the late callers office on a Wednesday, She went on to ask who her and her neighbours should complain to I said not royal mail but to Ofcom and that they should make a note of dates and times as I know her husband I said if they have any problems I will be willing to help them out, Now what you guys may know is does the 3pm last letter still stand and should the dom report as mail failure, The seems to think that the rep has no idea about the late callers delivering mail so late I understand he his in for a shock, :dance :dance I would like to sign off by saying I feel for you guys out there and you will always have my support and guys there is a life outside royal mail. :dance :dance :dance
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: What Would You Suggest

Post by Straight4ward »

You’ve left, you can let it go.

If you don’t want to - then pop into your old office and see your former colleagues and managers and let them know that there is a problem that needs addressing quickly before it escalates. (You owe them this much at least).

I would guess that the current arrangements are only temporary until they fill the vacancy.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What Would You Suggest

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

ldsposti wrote:Now what you guys may know is does the 3pm last letter still stand and should the dom report as mail failure,
No he should only report it as a failure if the delivery does not go out that day.

AFAIK The 3pm (towns) and 4p (Rural) is for planning duties and no duty should be planned to finish outside these times. Ofcom will not be bothered about what time the delivery happens as long as the USO is fulfilled ie 1 delivery per day over 6 days. http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/post/mailtime" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail determines its own collection and delivery times. Collection and delivery times are not regulated by Ofcom.
However, Royal Mail is required to notify Ofcom of any changes to its latest delivery times and to publish the changes on its website.

Royal Mail aims to complete deliveries by 3pm in urban areas and by 4pm in rural areas.
Deliveries are scheduled to be completed by these times and Royal Mail endeavours to maintain this every working day, but daily volume variations, transport disruptions and operating issues mean that there may be some occasions when these times are not met.
If your deliveries are consistently later than the specified times you should address your complaint to Royal Mail at:

• Royal Mail Customer Service Centre
FREEPOST
PO Box 740
Glasgow G22 6WW
• Tel: 03457 740 740
The correct escalation is as per ofcoms page at http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/post/postcomp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dumpys Rusty Nuts
Posts: 180
Joined: 15 May 2011, 21:50
Gender: Male

Re: What Would You Suggest

Post by Dumpys Rusty Nuts »

Removed post they were asking for advice not name calling
billysboots1
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Jun 2014, 21:33
Gender: Male

Re: What Would You Suggest

Post by billysboots1 »

Removed post they were asking for advice not name calling
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: What Would You Suggest

Post by General Mannerheim »

Removed post they were asking for advice and this one referenced a deleted one
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: What Would You Suggest

Post by rhino49 »

If it was your own mail that was being late/misdelivered, then I think you would have some justification for your post. As it is, let the customers fight their own battles and have a bit of thought for the guys who are ensuring a delivery no matter how late they have to work. Things will probably settle down although the current policy seems to be regular walk holders are a last resort when someone leaves and lapsing rules the day. I am sure that anyone currently delivering to your EX customers will explain the situation. You are out of it now and having retired for an ill health reason would probably be best staying that way.
Having said the above I wish you a happy and relaxed retirement without all the hassle you seem reluctant to leave.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What Would You Suggest

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Dumpy and Billy if you cant offer real advice in a thread started by an OP and member without name calling then please don't. We are not a school playground and its not welcome.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: What Would You Suggest

Post by bustedflush »

ldsposti wrote:Hi all I took ill health retirement four weeks ago and not missing it one bit, While out shopping this week I was stopped by a customer of mine asking if it was true I had finished through ill health yes its true, She went on to explain that's why the mail in her area was going to the wrong addresses and arriving at all hours of the day a couple of times at 19.00 hours now after checking I found this mail was being delivered by the late callers office on a Wednesday, She went on to ask who her and her neighbours should complain to I said not royal mail but to Ofcom and that they should make a note of dates and times as I know her husband I said if they have any problems I will be willing to help them out, Now what you guys may know is does the 3pm last letter still stand and should the dom report as mail failure, The seems to think that the rep has no idea about the late callers delivering mail so late I understand he his in for a shock, :dance :dance I would like to sign off by saying I feel for you guys out there and you will always have my support and guys there is a life outside royal mail. :dance :dance :dance

Do I detect a certain smugness and resentment in your post?
Presumably you were there many years and know very well why sometimes mail is delivered later than the parameters. Some poor devil is doing it on docket or even the managers if the round cannot be covered. Maybe just the normal postie having to go over - who knows? In our office afternoon collections staff are now being made to deliver uncovered/lapsed rounds for cost-savings.
I think you should let it go - what good can it do to your old colleagues and managers/DO to have further cr*p dropped on them in an already stretched and high-pressure environment? I'm not sure I like your motive for firing shells at the ship now you've safely sailed away in your lifeboat. :neutral:
Dumpys Rusty Nuts
Posts: 180
Joined: 15 May 2011, 21:50
Gender: Male

Re: What Would You Suggest

Post by Dumpys Rusty Nuts »

ldsposti wrote:Hi all I took ill health retirement four weeks ago and not missing it one bit, While out shopping this week I was stopped by a customer of mine asking if it was true I had finished through ill health yes its true, She went on to explain that's why the mail in her area was going to the wrong addresses and arriving at all hours of the day a couple of times at 19.00 hours now after checking I found this mail was being delivered by the late callers office on a Wednesday, She went on to ask who her and her neighbours should complain to I said not royal mail but to Ofcom and that they should make a note of dates and times as I know her husband I said if they have any problems I will be willing to help them out, Now what you guys may know is does the 3pm last letter still stand and should the dom report as mail failure, The seems to think that the rep has no idea about the late callers delivering mail so late I understand he his in for a shock, :dance :dance I would like to sign off by saying I feel for you guys out there and you will always have my support and guys there is a life outside royal mail. :dance :dance :dance
Keep up the good work, I think its marvellous what you are doing