ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

anyone else felt intimidated when claiming dockett?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

anyone else felt intimidated when claiming dockett?

Post by spiderj »

Example 1.
Extended delivery duty changed from park and loop to si gleton ,no tuition .
Opg a.completes and claims dockett,get grilled by lino,opg explains situation.
Opg b.says to a..,"oh can you fill in the dockett for me in case I for get or can't find it in the morning.?"

A to b.short answer no.

Example 2.
Duties changed from singleton to park and loop,again no tuition.
Lino decides they can do without planners and instute new duties.

Both opgs inform lino that they will call at a reasonable time and inform lino how much is being brought back.....long story short,one opg decides to work on after returning the other to office and is then told by lino "I'll get shot for this" after dockett is submitted in morning....Dom then quizzes opg who completed as to why it took so long...opg discusses with Dom,says if you don't wish to pay me for it I'll not do it.

Is this uncommon or do management have no hr training at all?

I've been a manager(elsewhere) and never resorted to these tactics to get folk to help out.....happy dealing with issues like these myself due to my skill set but surely some folk out there must be getting weary/stressed with this approach?
:cuppa
I won
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: anyone else felt intimidated when claiming dockett?

Post by tansorboy »

Yes.
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: anyone else felt intimidated when claiming dockett?

Post by tansorboy »

But the intimidation comes from the Flyers who always complete an hour before their finish time. I am a floater and always follow the Flyers who mis-post mail and parcels, kick the dogs and piss people off. I always try to correct their mistakes, and apologise to the wronged customers. And I always wear my seat-belt, take my break and don't 'forget' to go to the difficult places...
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: anyone else felt intimidated when claiming dockett?

Post by tansorboy »

My DOM always pays my docket but my colleagues always sneer about The Plodder. Who is the the winner? I probably take more home in my pay packet.