ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
-
ysbrydtawel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 111
- Joined: 03 Feb 2013, 20:57
- Gender: Male
- Location: South West
Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
It drives me crazy when someone preps my round differently from how I would. They frequently missort, put flats in front of letters, flats behind D2Ds, and cram parcels into the frame that are too big to fit through the letterbox.
Personally I like the biggest item at the back, smallest at the front. Oh, and D2D always at the back, even if it's smaller, because then there's no confusion in the bundle about where it's for. Little packets can go in the frame, but I prefer to keep these to a minimum, and never put a packet in the frame that won't fit through the letterbox.
Obviously that's just my personal way, and everyone has their own preferred method. What's yours?
Personally I like the biggest item at the back, smallest at the front. Oh, and D2D always at the back, even if it's smaller, because then there's no confusion in the bundle about where it's for. Little packets can go in the frame, but I prefer to keep these to a minimum, and never put a packet in the frame that won't fit through the letterbox.
Obviously that's just my personal way, and everyone has their own preferred method. What's yours?
We have a perfect record in aviation: we never left one up there.
-
numberone
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Yep....I prep exactly the same as that. There is no other logical way. 
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Totally agree with you. That's one of the worst things about the new way of working now as I also have a system of my own much like yours. I also rotate a recorded letter by 90 degrees so it usually stands out a few doors away as I'm approaching the address. I hate it how some people prep their mail, at least at our place there is rarely double-prepping going on so I know that at least 50% of the day's bags should be in good order!
*edit: oh yeah, and massive huge bundles you can barely get your hands around or take a band off without it exploding all over! What is with that? Just bonkers in my opinion.
*edit: oh yeah, and massive huge bundles you can barely get your hands around or take a band off without it exploding all over! What is with that? Just bonkers in my opinion.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
One of the lads in our office insists on prepping all his mail so that everything has the outer edge level with each other in the frame regardless of whether its a letter, flat, brochure.
I can't resist 'rearranging' it a little bit whenever I walk past and he's not there!
I can't resist 'rearranging' it a little bit whenever I walk past and he's not there!
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
That's just doing the job properly in my opinion.ysbrydtawel wrote:It drives me crazy when someone preps my round differently from how I would. They frequently missort, put flats in front of letters, flats behind D2Ds, and cram parcels into the frame that are too big to fit through the letterbox.
Personally I like the biggest item at the back, smallest at the front. Oh, and D2D always at the back, even if it's smaller, because then there's no confusion in the bundle about where it's for. Little packets can go in the frame, but I prefer to keep these to a minimum, and never put a packet in the frame that won't fit through the letterbox.
Obviously that's just my personal way, and everyone has their own preferred method. What's yours?
And then you get your lapsed and it's a total disaster!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
I am only part time but the guy who normally preps my walk, when there is a double slot he always puts the mail for both houses at the front and the door to doors at the back. It drives me crazy and there no point in telling him he never listens.
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
A guy used to do that to me. Thankfully he doesn't prep my round now.CPTNemoUK wrote:I am only part time but the guy who normally preps my walk, when there is a double slot he always puts the mail for both houses at the front and the door to doors at the back. It drives me crazy and there no point in telling him he never listens.![]()
I got in a right mess when there was about 6 or 7 d2ds one week.
Packets crammed into the frame or packets just thrown up above the frame in no order gets to me. I'm part time but i'd rather they left my packets to sort out since it takes me ages to resort them anyway when bagging up.
-
broughts
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Put flat letters on the back and use as a marker easier as rural driver
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Anonymouse wrote:CPTNemoUK wrote:
Packets crammed into the frame or packets just thrown up above the frame in no order gets to me. I'm part time but i'd rather they left my packets to sort out since it takes me ages to resort them anyway when bagging up.
Hate packets crammed into the frame, but packets above the frame is no issue. Tie up all the mail, leave the bundles on the frame, then take the packets and place them with the corresponding bundle, easy.
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Why put d2d in the frame?That is a pet hate of mine
carry your d2d at the back of the bundle which is
far easier in my opinion.Putting d2d in frame leads
to letters getting wedged inbetween and missorts.
carry your d2d at the back of the bundle which is
far easier in my opinion.Putting d2d in frame leads
to letters getting wedged inbetween and missorts.
-
penlanpostie
- Posts: 42
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Letters in front flats behind everything must be flush to the fitting not pushed right in only very small packets in the fitting no d2d prepped I put them on the back of the bundle I would rather go to some calls with just a d2d than have them prepped , I don't job share I'm on my own so can do it my way
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
How the hell can you carry up to 6 D2Ds at the back of a bundle, especially if they're booklets?
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
Prefer my D2Ds at the back as well(postie I work with always puts flats behind them! grr) and massive bundles really get to me, what's the logic in holding the mail for the 100th house on that loop when its a mile away
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
just carry as many as possible at the back of your
bundle and put the rest in the bag pulling them
out as you go along.Obviously don't make your bundles
too heavy.
bundle and put the rest in the bag pulling them
out as you go along.Obviously don't make your bundles
too heavy.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else a bit particular about prepping?
But you're carrying the exact same weight and making more work for yourself!blakeyboy wrote:just carry as many as possible at the back of your
bundle and put the rest in the bag pulling them
out as you go along.Obviously don't make your bundles
too heavy.