ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

First Class Post time scale

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

First Class Post time scale

Post by Caniel »

Just wondering about this because I posted a letter on behalf of my dear old mum last Saturday and it didn't arrive at the address it was going to until Wednesday. I told my mum to complain and some rude cow at customer services told her that was fine because it's a 4 day delivery span for 1st Class, sadly she didn't get the lovely woman's name or a reference number but I intend to follow this up so where do I stand?

I know the regulator is very strict on the time scale for 1st Class arriving the next working day, in the high nineties I believe and Royal Mail's own website says 1st class is a next day service all be it they aim for that but it mentions nothing about 4 days....I think some muppet with no clue has just fobbed her off to be honest.

Now the letter in question had the correct sized stamp, the address was clearly printed as well so no excuses there and most importantly I took it to work with me on the Saturday and it went out with the dispatch to the mail centre just after lunch time so it definitely went and wasn't sitting in a post box until Monday afternoon. It should have arrived Monday I believe and at worst Tuesday.

Personally I think it's sat in a cut off bag until Wednesday or the duty it's on has been lapsed :mad :mad :mad
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Re: First Class Post time scale

Post by olilew »

I've noticed that if I take stuff to work to post it takes substantially longer to arrive at its destination but if I post it in a post box as most people do it does usually arrive next day. I can only assume it is sitting around the mail centre?
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: First Class Post time scale

Post by Caniel »

olilew wrote:I've noticed that if I take stuff to work to post it takes substantially longer to arrive at its destination but if I post it in a post box as most people do it does usually arrive next day. I can only assume it is sitting around the mail centre?
It would have got processed, the mail centre it goes to runs all weekend, it's a new one that merged a couple of older ones. Whenever I've taken all the box collections up there it's a beehive of activity with about 5 CFC machines churning away. I could understand if there was hardly anyone there and they tossed the sacks of mail on a york to be done next week but that's not the case.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: First Class Post time scale

Post by Hitcher »

DSA > Stamped.
Craig_Fairbrass
Posts: 36
Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 11:26
Gender: Male

Re: First Class Post time scale

Post by Craig_Fairbrass »

olilew wrote:I've noticed that if I take stuff to work to post it takes substantially longer to arrive at its destination but if I post it in a post box as most people do it does usually arrive next day. I can only assume it is sitting around the mail centre?
I've noticed this as well.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: First Class Post time scale

Post by Caniel »

I complained again and got some free stamps, it was supposed to arrive on the Monday if it was first class.
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Re: First Class Post time scale

Post by loverman shabba »

ask tnt to deliver it