ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Back to work and AOB

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Back to work and AOB

Post by Kings Norton »

Hi Guys, can I ask you a question or two? I was debating with a colleague of mine about a back to work interview, now my record is bang on but I once remember that when you came back to work you got a letter off the DOM stating when the back to work interview will be and the time am I right? Nowadays the DOM just comes pull you in the office when they feel like it.

Problem is our DOM has this habbit of pulling you in for back to work interview or any other business when you come off the sorting that way the DOM grabs you in basically in your own time and not theirs.

DOM got one guy this week took him in after he finished sorting but when the same guy asked to go for fuel the next day in their time DOM said "No"
I look at it as if I wanted a rep in with me rather than the office rep they need to give me notice? am right or wrong here?
Thanks guys in advance.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Back to work and AOB

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Kings Norton wrote:Hi Guys, can I ask you a question or two? I was debating with a colleague of mine about a back to work interview, now my record is bang on but I once remember that when you came back to work you got a letter off the DOM stating when the back to work interview will be and the time am I right? Nowadays the DOM just comes pull you in the office when they feel like it.

Problem is our DOM has this habbit of pulling you in for back to work interview or any other business when you come off the sorting that way the DOM grabs you in basically in your own time and not theirs.

DOM got one guy this week took him in after he finished sorting but when the same guy asked to go for fuel the next day in their time DOM said "No"
I look at it as if I wanted a rep in with me rather than the office rep they need to give me notice? am right or wrong here?
Thanks guys in advance.
if you ask for a rep to come in then a suitable time for the meeting to take place would need to be arranged, as for in your time or theirs, there is no such thing, its your duty time dom can ask you at any time or tell you no to going for fuel within sorting time it is up to him at the end of the day
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: Back to work and AOB

Post by Kings Norton »

zx135 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Hi Guys, can I ask you a question or two? I was debating with a colleague of mine about a back to work interview, now my record is bang on but I once remember that when you came back to work you got a letter off the DOM stating when the back to work interview will be and the time am I right? Nowadays the DOM just comes pull you in the office when they feel like it.

Problem is our DOM has this habbit of pulling you in for back to work interview or any other business when you come off the sorting that way the DOM grabs you in basically in your own time and not theirs.

DOM got one guy this week took him in after he finished sorting but when the same guy asked to go for fuel the next day in their time DOM said "No"
I look at it as if I wanted a rep in with me rather than the office rep they need to give me notice? am right or wrong here?
Thanks guys in advance.
if you ask for a rep to come in then a suitable time for the meeting to take place would need to be arranged, as for in your time or theirs, there is no such thing, its your duty time dom can ask you at any time or tell you no to going for fuel within sorting time it is up to him at the end of the day
zx135 said - as for in your time or theirs, there is no such thing.

Of course there is such thing? you ask them can you fill the van at 6 30 its a point blank NO. Reason - its their time.


What has happened the letter you once got stating the time of the back to work and time of meeting?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Back to work and AOB

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Kings Norton wrote:
zx135 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Hi Guys, can I ask you a question or two? I was debating with a colleague of mine about a back to work interview, now my record is bang on but I once remember that when you came back to work you got a letter off the DOM stating when the back to work interview will be and the time am I right? Nowadays the DOM just comes pull you in the office when they feel like it.

Problem is our DOM has this habbit of pulling you in for back to work interview or any other business when you come off the sorting that way the DOM grabs you in basically in your own time and not theirs.

DOM got one guy this week took him in after he finished sorting but when the same guy asked to go for fuel the next day in their time DOM said "No"
I look at it as if I wanted a rep in with me rather than the office rep they need to give me notice? am right or wrong here?
Thanks guys in advance.
if you ask for a rep to come in then a suitable time for the meeting to take place would need to be arranged, as for in your time or theirs, there is no such thing, its your duty time dom can ask you at any time or tell you no to going for fuel within sorting time it is up to him at the end of the day
zx135 said - as for in your time or theirs, there is no such thing.

Of course there is such thing? you ask them can you fill the van at 6 30 its a point blank NO. Reason - its their time.


What has happened the letter you once got stating the time of the back to work and time of meeting?
So what is the difference between their time and yours then?
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: Back to work and AOB

Post by Kings Norton »

zx135 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:
zx135 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Hi Guys, can I ask you a question or two? I was debating with a colleague of mine about a back to work interview, now my record is bang on but I once remember that when you came back to work you got a letter off the DOM stating when the back to work interview will be and the time am I right? Nowadays the DOM just comes pull you in the office when they feel like it.

Problem is our DOM has this habbit of pulling you in for back to work interview or any other business when you come off the sorting that way the DOM grabs you in basically in your own time and not theirs.

DOM got one guy this week took him in after he finished sorting but when the same guy asked to go for fuel the next day in their time DOM said "No"
I look at it as if I wanted a rep in with me rather than the office rep they need to give me notice? am right or wrong here?
Thanks guys in advance.
if you ask for a rep to come in then a suitable time for the meeting to take place would need to be arranged, as for in your time or theirs, there is no such thing, its your duty time dom can ask you at any time or tell you no to going for fuel within sorting time it is up to him at the end of the day
zx135 said - as for in your time or theirs, there is no such thing.

Of course there is such thing? you ask them can you fill the van at 6 30 its a point blank NO. Reason - its their time.


What has happened the letter you once got stating the time of the back to work and time of meeting?
So what is the difference between their time and yours then?
Their time is when your on the sorting. My time is when I'm prepping my walk. are you a postie or management? only a postie would know the situation..
rinky
Posts: 44
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 22:52
Gender: Male

Re: Back to work and AOB

Post by rinky »

Regardless of what you call this time its all paid time so why does it matter when the DOM speaks to you?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Back to work and AOB

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Kings Norton wrote:
zx135 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:
zx135 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:Hi Guys, can I ask you a question or two? I was debating with a colleague of mine about a back to work interview, now my record is bang on but I once remember that when you came back to work you got a letter off the DOM stating when the back to work interview will be and the time am I right? Nowadays the DOM just comes pull you in the office when they feel like it.

Problem is our DOM has this habbit of pulling you in for back to work interview or any other business when you come off the sorting that way the DOM grabs you in basically in your own time and not theirs.

DOM got one guy this week took him in after he finished sorting but when the same guy asked to go for fuel the next day in their time DOM said "No"
I look at it as if I wanted a rep in with me rather than the office rep they need to give me notice? am right or wrong here?
Thanks guys in advance.
if you ask for a rep to come in then a suitable time for the meeting to take place would need to be arranged, as for in your time or theirs, there is no such thing, its your duty time dom can ask you at any time or tell you no to going for fuel within sorting time it is up to him at the end of the day
zx135 said - as for in your time or theirs, there is no such thing.

Of course there is such thing? you ask them can you fill the van at 6 30 its a point blank NO. Reason - its their time.


What has happened the letter you once got stating the time of the back to work and time of meeting?
So what is the difference between their time and yours then?
Their time is when your on the sorting. My time is when I'm prepping my walk. are you a postie or management? only a postie would know the situation..
Mate don't accuse me of being a manager, there is no such thing as your time anymore its only duty time and manager can ask u to do something at anytime in that, he is not using up your time by doing that
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Back to work and AOB

Post by wabbithunta »

Why worry about it as either way then, when you go back to your frame to prep it etc, it just adds to the delivery time for your round. Tell the DOM, or a lino, that you will be cutting off that day as you won't get time to complete the delivery. Make sure you have another postie as a witness with you if/when you do this as management, can have a tendency to "forget" that anything was said along these line and deny any knowledge of it, with regards to cutting off that is, so it would seem according to some threads/posts on this site.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
lollollol
Posts: 155
Joined: 27 Sep 2011, 19:24
Gender: Male

Re: Back to work and AOB

Post by lollollol »

Have your Back to Work interview and keep your DIM chatting for as long as possible... less to take out on delivery... simples... :nana