ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

physio

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

physio

Post by kirstyx »

Ive been told by the gp that i need to see a physio so he is referring me through the nhs but my dom has said that they can refer me as well through oh assist but I can only have treatment at one place just wondered which option other people would choose before I decide
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: physio

Post by spiderj »

NHS,as they will focus on your wellbeing and complete recovery.
I haven't had experience of phsyio through RM but had it with a previous job.

They poo pood my condition and acted surprised when I went for
surgery.
The physio that was work relayed was geared towards my then employer.

RM may be different though?
:cuppa
I won
cazspence
Posts: 78
Joined: 05 Nov 2011, 06:28
Gender: Female
Location: Aberdeen

Re: physio

Post by cazspence »

I got a brilliant physio through atos much better that the nhs one. Gave me different exercises for my back that relived the pain almost instantly. I would go with the atos one. Nhs could take forever.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: physio

Post by rehabron »

OH Assist allocated me for a limited amount of appointments with private physio and then continued to NHS physio so you can have both. NHS appointments took slightly longer and had to have their recommendations for modified duties put in writing to RM management which was acceptable.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: physio

Post by Pinky 1 »

When i needed treatment the NHS appointment was three weeks away. OH offered private treatment the following week, three times a week for two weeks. Obviously it's in Royal Mail's interest to get you back to work as soon as possible, but the treeatment was top notch and i was glad to be pain free.
I was back at work before the first NHS appointment was due, after seeing my GP.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "