ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

private physio treatment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
teenage time killer
Posts: 4
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 17:46
Gender: Male

private physio treatment

Post by teenage time killer »

Hi
Came back to work after short time off sick. Has been diagnosed by GP as inflammation of hip. On my return I was offered private Physio by my line manager with a Doctors note. After paying out for said note from doctor was then told only the long term sick can have Physio treatment through RM. Are they penny pinching , am I entitled to Physio and can I go back to my manager with a definitive statement to back me up. Any help appreciated.
Postiebear
Posts: 77
Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 15:28
Gender: Male

Re: private physio treatment

Post by Postiebear »

Im not sure og the answer but im returning to work after a couple of weeks off, and atos has recommended I be sent to physio, time will tell if im sent or not.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: private physio treatment

Post by krussel »

teenage time killer wrote:Hi
Came back to work after short time off sick. Has been diagnosed by GP as inflammation of hip. On my return I was offered private Physio by my line manager with a Doctors note. After paying out for said note from doctor was then told only the long term sick can have Physio treatment through RM. Are they penny pinching , am I entitled to Physio and can I go back to my manager with a definitive statement to back me up. Any help appreciated.
First welcome :wave

I am assuming that you are under Atos ?

You need to contact Atos direct as I would have thought this was their recommendation in the first place and see what they have to say.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
teenage time killer
Posts: 4
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 17:46
Gender: Male

Re: private physio treatment

Post by teenage time killer »

As far as i know am under Atos, been here 15yrs so all 'privileges' are accorded to me. Do I contact them direct or through my line manager. Not on any stage warning and was only off for a few days but it is an ongoing condition due to excessive walking or running ( I never run ). We are on summer savings so at £250 a go for physio so thought they were reigning in cash spend.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: private physio treatment

Post by krussel »

Personally I would ask for a telephone consultation with Atos. Not sure if you can phone up yourself or need to place a request for a call through your dom, most likely. Perhaps bring your rep up to speed as well. You need to find out who recommended the private treatment.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
teenage time killer
Posts: 4
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 17:46
Gender: Male

Re: private physio treatment

Post by teenage time killer »

On my return to work my line manager went through the return to work form. On there it stated that physio treatment was available through royal mail. A few days later it was amended by my line manager who said it was only available to the long term sick. That doesn`t add up since the form he first read it off from is the general back to work form.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: private physio treatment

Post by rehabron »

On the time off that you mentioned if RM made a referral for you to OH Assist ( ATOS) on the strength of your GP sick note of inflammation of the hip then RM will have attempted to get you back to work quicker by making available to you private physio treatment if this was an OH Assist recommendation and if so OH Assist was have set up an appointment for you for a certain number of treatments which would have been at RM expense. Your DOM's statement that this only applies to long term sick is incorrect. They want the quickest return to work then they have to pay for treatment recommended by OH Assist.
teenage time killer
Posts: 4
Joined: 27 Dec 2013, 17:46
Gender: Male

Re: private physio treatment

Post by teenage time killer »

Thanks for all the info people but not sure if I`m any nearer. Got called in for an interview whilst i was sick but that was to see the big boss who told me to come in the next day on light duties as a bad hip did not stop me from getting up at 4 and sorting the mail out. The following week had my back to work interview where physio was mentioned. Will see my union rep and ask if contacting ATOS is worth it and more importantly if they say yes to physio will my managers abide by that decision although I think I know the answer to that one .