ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reserves not getting a fare crack with day's off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Reserves not getting a fare crack with day's off

Post by P739 »

What is the script with this the reserves in our office are not allocated a day off on a rotation..Never mind a long weekend off this surly can't be right..They do the same job as everyone else in fact it's harder because they are constantly moved from duty to duty sometimes on a daily basics...What is the rights and wrongs of this anyone thanks.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Reserves not getting a fare crack with day's off

Post by Sidley »

I've always been told as a reserve you're entitled to 1 in 6 Saturdays off like everyone else. As a reserve for about 7 years I didn't get anywhere near that amount, I was pissed about on a weekly basis and got no help from the rep. He said you get the day off that is due to to the normal duty holder, but the boss would change it when it made his life easier and nowt was said.
P739
Posts: 277
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48

Re: Reserves not getting a fare crack with day's off

Post by P739 »

Sidley wrote:I've always been told as a reserve you're entitled to 1 in 6 Saturdays off like everyone else. As a reserve for about 7 years I didn't get anywhere near that amount, I was pissed about on a weekly basis and got no help from the rep. He said you get the day off that is due to to the normal duty holder, but the boss would change it when it made his life easier and nowt was said.

That's what happens with the guys in my office it's out of order.