ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Contract

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dunlop
Posts: 13
Joined: 21 Jun 2014, 20:44
Gender: Male

Contract

Post by dunlop »

Hi all,

My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?! :confused
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Contract

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

dunlop wrote:Hi all,

My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?! :confused

No it's 27 hours 18 min
dunlop
Posts: 13
Joined: 21 Jun 2014, 20:44
Gender: Male

Re: Contract

Post by dunlop »

zx135 wrote:
dunlop wrote:Hi all,

My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?! :confused

No it's 27 hours 18 min
I really don't get how they could they make such a silly mistake and pay me 12 minutes less than my contracted hours :d'oh!
iminavest
Posts: 39
Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Contract

Post by iminavest »

zx135 wrote:
dunlop wrote:Hi all,

My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?! :confused

No it's 27 hours 18 min
27 hours 10.8 minutes
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Contract

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

iminavest wrote:
zx135 wrote:
dunlop wrote:Hi all,

My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?! :confused

No it's 27 hours 18 min
27 hours 10.8 minutes

No on our pay slip 27.18 is 27 hours 18 minutes
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Contract

Post by wannabeek »

dunlop wrote:
zx135 wrote:
dunlop wrote:Hi all,

My contracted hours were recently changed from 25 to 27 and a half, but my pay slip says I'm being paid for 27.18 hours!! Are 27.18 hours the same as 27.5?!?! :confused

No it's 27 hours 18 min
I really don't get how they could they make such a silly mistake and pay me 12 minutes less than my contracted hours :d'oh!
Is it genuinely a silly mistake? It's also possible it's a crafty attempt at saving 1hr per week for the office budget (assuming you're on a 5 day week) in the hope that you either won't notice the error or won't bother about booking 12 mins OT every day.

Doesn't matter either way, just show them the paperwork you have and the discrepancy there is. I wouldn't use the words 'crafty attempt' while doing so if I were you! :left:
raikky
Posts: 212
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
Gender: Female

Re: Contract

Post by raikky »

so just work your contracted hours if u can?
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: Contract

Post by crazyshrew »

don't count on it being resolved any time soon. loads in our office had hours cut after the revision and all are being paid a few minutes short each week, I had my hours increased a few months later and went from 12 mins short to 15 mins short each week! over a year later and not sorted, HR said DOM should sort it and DOM can't comprehend the situation
him "you're on XYZ contract, you get paid that"
us "yeah boss but we're not!" .
Another manager just said "it's only a couple of quid a week" but that's still over £100 per year per person, that's over £1000 a year they aren't paying people in one small office.
Can anyone figure out how to get this sorted?